• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

AJC Poll: Which one of these Hawks free agents is most necessary the team re-sign?

NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member

That's not a typo. AJC actually worded the poll question that way but I think we understand what they meant.

Two points:

• I'm surprised at how many people think Bibby is so important. What is it about this guy that everyone (Woodson and Sund included) love so much?

• Where is the love for my man Flipper? All the guy does is produce yet he can never find a home. Flip has been in the NBA going on 7 years and has already been on 6 different teams!

Edited by NineOhTheRino

• Moderators
[*]Where is the love for my man Flipper? All the guy does is produce yet he can never find a home. Flip has been in the NBA going on 7 years and has already been on 6 different teams!

Flip did great last year, but his talents are duplicated by Crawford and Teague.

Zaza and it's not even close.

I voted Zaza, too. He's the heart and soul of the team!

That's not a typo. AJC actually worded the poll question that way but I think we understand what they meant.

Two points:

• I'm surprised at how many people think Bibby is so important. What is it about this guy that everyone (Woodson and Sund included) love so much?

• Where is the love for my man Flipper? All the guy does is produce yet he can never find a home. Flip has been in the NBA going on 7 years and has already been on 6 different teams!

I think people understand that this team doesn't need Flip now that we have Crawford and are making an attempt to bring back Bibby. I also think people see Bibby as a guy who already knows this team......with him you don't have to worry about the first month of the season going badly due to a new point guard trying to gain on court "chemistry" with his new team.

But thats just my opinion......I could by wrong.

Change "Zaza" to "Marvin" and you would be right on. I love Zaza but he is nowhere near as valuable to this team as a BU C as Marv is as a starting SF. The talent levels aren't even close to being equal. I think the AJC poll voters have it in just the right order regarding the priority of who to resign: 1. Marvin. 2. Bibby. 3. Zaza. 4. Flip. Now that said, I think $ have to be considered. I wouldn't give Marvin "Smoove money" and I'd rather sign Zaza to a reasonable contract than to overpay for Bibby.

Change "Zaza" to "Marvin" and you would be right on. I love Zaza but he is nowhere near as valuable to this team as a BU C as Marv is as a starting SF. The talent levels aren't even close to being equal. I think the AJC poll voters have it in just the right order regarding the priority of who to resign: 1. Marvin. 2. Bibby. 3. Zaza. 4. Flip. Now that said, I think $ have to be considered. I wouldn't give Marvin "Smoove money" and I'd rather sign Zaza to a reasonable contract than to overpay for Bibby.

There are a lot of things we can do to fill the small forward spot. There aren't as many options to fill our back up center spot. I know it sounds crazy... back up over a starter? But Zaza is one of the best center free agents out there and it will be harder to replace him than it is to replace Marvin. Because who will we be able to replace him with?

I'm all for re-signing Marvin also, but when it comes down to picking either one, I'd have to go with Zaza.

There are a lot of things we can do to fill the small forward spot. There aren't as many options to fill our back up center spot. I know it sounds crazy... back up over a starter? But Zaza is one of the best center free agents out there and it will be harder to replace him than it is to replace Marvin. Because who will we be able to replace him with?

I'm all for re-signing Marvin also, but when it comes down to picking either one, I'd have to go with Zaza.

Sheed, Gortat, Wilcox, McDyess, Gooden, Chris Andersen, Frye, Joe Smith, Nesterovic and maybe even Solo, Robert (or Stromile) Swift are names that I would go after if we lost Zaza while resigning Marvin. I love Zaza, but he will be easier to replace than Marvin going forward.

Sheed, Gortat, Wilcox, McDyess, Gooden, Chris Andersen, Frye, Joe Smith, Nesterovic and maybe even Solo, Robert (or Stromile) Swift are names that I would go after if we lost Zaza while resigning Marvin. I love Zaza, but he will be easier to replace than Marvin going forward.

Sheed no.

Gortat no chance of us getting him.

Chris Andersen no shot.

Pachulia > Wilcox, McDyess, Gooden, Frye, Smith, Nesterovic. And it's not even close.