• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Could somebody post where Ford ranks the Hawks in his new column?

10. Atlanta Hawks

Key additions: Jamal Crawford, Jeff Teague

Key subtractions: Speedy Claxton, Acie Law

In limbo: Marvin Williams ®, Josh Childress ®, Zaza Pachulia (U), Ronald Murray (U)

The Hawks are still, by and large, a team in limbo. GM Rick Sund has solidified his backcourt by re-signing free agent Mike Bibby, trading for combo guard Jamal Crawford and drafting the uber-athletic combo guard Jeff Teague. But the frontcourt still has lots of questions.

Williams, Childress and Pachulia are all free agents. And there continue to be rumblings that Josh Smith can be had for the right price. I think it's going to be a few more weeks until we know for sure which direction the Hawks are really heading. But for now it looks like they're maintaining the status quo.

If we get Marvin, Zaza and Bibby back, add Teague and turn Flip, Acie and Speedy into Jamal, that's an upgrade, not 'status quo.' Not a BIG upgrade, but it's not standing pat.

If we add Andersen and/or another backup big, that's even more of an upgrade.

Edited by drzachary

Interesting he puts us Top 10 offseason, with basically what he calls status quo. I can live with that. I mean off the top of my head I would put SA, LA, Boston, Orlando, Cleveland, Portland, and Denver ahead of us. Toronto healthy and with Turkoglu, the wizards with Arenas and their moves, Dallas, and Utah are probably right there with us.