• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Rubio/Childress question

thefloydian

Sorry if there's an obvious answer to this question that is alluding me, but I was just thinking about Rubio's buyout and started wondering something. How is it that Childress was able to leave the Hawks for Greece while still under contract, but Rubio is forced to pay some buyout to his Spanish team in order to play in the NBA?

Sorry if there's an obvious answer to this question that is alluding me, but I was just thinking about Rubio's buyout and started wondering something. How is it that Childress was able to leave the Hawks for Greece while still under contract, but Rubio is forced to pay some buyout to his Spanish team in order to play in the NBA?

Chills wasnt under contract. He was a restricted free agent. Which just means he can sign with any team but the Hawks can match the offer and keep him. His contract was up and he chose not to sign a new one from us or any other team,.

You made me think of a ? I have wanted to ask for a couple days though. I saw where Houston got an injury exception contract beause YAO will be hurt almost all of next season and used it to get Trevor Ariza. Why couldnt the Hawks have got one last year or even the year before with Speedy?

Edited by NJHAWK

Chills wasnt under contract. He was a restricted free agent. Which just means he can sign with any team but the Hawks can match the offer and keep him. His contract was up and he chose not to sign a new one from us or any other team,.

Oh, I didn't realize you still weren't counted as technically under contract as a RFA. Thanks.

You made me think of a ? I have wanted to ask for a couple days though. I saw where Houston got an injury exception contract beause YAO will be hurt almost all of next season and used it to get Trevor Ariza. Why couldnt the Hawks have got one last year or even the year before with Speedy?

I think the team has to petition for it and get approved by the league. I think management was just happy supposedly having insurance pay for 80% of it rather than being worried about paying another player. Also I'm sure Stern would have given us the side eye if we were trying to get an exemption for our 4th string PG as opposed to the Rockets' franchise Center.

Edited by CrawfulToCrawesome