• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Josh Smith on TEAM USA

Theeyo

damn Josh, we love ya but i dont think none of us think you should be on team USA, unless there's a dunk contest.

USA must have underestimate the other teams too much, thinking they could put Josh in for a show. It's ok if you're in Josh, just dont try the underleg dunk again.

damn Josh, we love ya but i dont think none of us think you should be on team USA, unless there's a dunk contest.

USA must have underestimate the other teams too much, thinking they could put Josh in for a show. It's ok if you're in Josh, just dont try the underleg dunk again.

You're absolutely right... None of us don't think he should be on the team...

Actually from a talent standpoint Josh Smith is as talented as any player they invited. It's from a maturity standpoint that holds his game back. Particularly his shot selection. When Josh Smith makes an effort to attack the rim and play in the paint, he can be as good as any player at his position in the league.

Josh Smith has never had a chance to showcase his talent in an all-star game. This may be the closest thing to that type of setting for him. Maybe he can rise up and showcase that talent

This could be a great thing for Josh, it could have more of a positive impact on him than anything he'll ever get with woody! Maybe being around those other players will actually do something for his mental approach, I don't see how in anyway this could be a bad thing. We won't really know til the season starts tho. LETS GO HAWKS!!!!!!

Actually from a talent standpoint Josh Smith is as talented as any player they invited. It's from a maturity standpoint that holds his game back. Particularly his shot selection. When Josh Smith makes an effort to attack the rim and play in the paint, he can be as good as any player at his position in the league.

Josh Smith has never had a chance to showcase his talent in an all-star game. This may be the closest thing to that type of setting for him. Maybe he can rise up and showcase that talent

Whoa, let's not get "talent" confused with "athletic ability." The man CAN NOT shoot and has no real post game (yet) to speak of. It is a HUGE stretch for you to say he's as talented as any player they invited.

Maybe I'm just biased, but I certainly dont want Josh Smith representing my country in the Olympics.

SMH, I wish some folks would put their hate for him aside and notice that this is a VERY good thing for the Hawks. The first reason why it's good for the Hawks is because if he makes the team that's more exposure for our franchise and let's be honest on a national or international stage we don't have ANY exposure. The second reason why it's good for us is because I noticed improvement from EVERY player that played for our team in the Olympics this year. LeBron had an MVP season, Kobe had imo his best season ever, Dwight Howard took another step and went to the finals. Carmelo matured and took his team deep in the playoffs, I can't see how the same wouldn't happen for Josh Smith. If your a fan of the Hawks you better hope he makes the team.

Edited by Anansi

Whoa, let's not get "talent" confused with "athletic ability." The man CAN NOT shoot and has no real post game (yet) to speak of. It is a HUGE stretch for you to say he's as talented as any player they invited.

Put it like this, in terms of combo of size and athleticism, Josh Smith ranks near the top of the list in the NBA, and he also has great coordination as well.

The guy has proven on numerous occasions he can be a very dangerous player attacking the basket. His back to the basket game is not that great but his face up game, he could be as good as any PF in this league at that. Even without a back to the basket game he should at least score 19 PPG, AT LEAST.

I don't think there's much chance of it happening, but I would like him to make the team so he could experience some real coaching for once.

I am with you on you this 100%...it would also be good for him to see how hard elite players work as well as their ability to play within themselves. I can only see one downside to this and that is if he is embarresed badly and takes it to heart instead of taking it as a positive and works harder at improving...

Good luck Smoove and I hope you kick some butt!

I am with you on you this 100%...it would also be good for him to see how hard elite players work as well as their ability to play within themselves. I can only see one downside to this and that is if he is embarresed badly and takes it to heart instead of taking it as a positive and works harder at improving...

Good luck Smoove and I hope you kick some butt!

Personally I think we are looking too deep into this as of right now. It's not as if Smoove is going to be practicing with the gold medal team, in fact the only allstars that will be on hand are Danny Granger and Devin Harris. Smoove actually holds seniority over many of the talent there in terms of NBA experience yet alone playoff experience. Wow now that I think about it, instead of this being a learning experience for Smoove he might be one of the mentors helping out the young guys.........yikes

D.J. Augustin G 6-0 180 11/10/87 Charlotte Bobcats / Texas

Jerryd Bayless G 6-3 200 08/20/88 Portland Trail Blazers / Arizona

Ronnie Brewer G 6-7 227 03/20/85 Utah Jazz / Arkansas

Kevin Durant G 6-9 215 09/29/88 Oklahoma City Thunder / Texas

Eric Gordon G 6-3 222 12/25/88 Los Angeles Clippers / Indiana

Rudy Gay F 6-8 222 08/17/86 Memphis Grizzlies / Connecticut

Danny Granger F/G 6-8 228 04/23/80 Indiana Pacers / New Mexico

Jeff Green F 6-9 235 08/29/86 Oklahoma City Thunder / Georgetown

Blake Griffin F 6-10 221 03/16/89 Los Angeles Clippers / Oklahoma

Devin Harris G 6-3 185 02/27/83 New Jersey Nets / Wisconsin

Andre Iguodala G/F 6-6 207 01/28/84 Philadelphia 76ers / Arizona

Kyle Korver G 6-7 212 03/17/81 Utah Jazz / Creighton

David Lee F/C 6-9 240 04/29/83 New York Knicks / Florida

Brook Lopez C 7-0 260 04/01/88 New Jersey Nets / Stanford

Kevin Love F 6-10 260 09/07/88 Minnesota Timberwolves / UCLA

O.J. Mayo G 6-4 210 11/05/87 Memphis Grizzlies / USC

Paul Millsap F 6-8 250 02/10/85 Utah Jazz / Louisiana Tech

Greg Oden C 7-0 285 01/22/88 Portland Trail Blazers / Ohio State

Anthony Randolph F 6-10 210 07/15/89 Golden State Warriors / LSU

Derrick Rose G 6-3 190 10/04/88 Chicago Bulls / Memphis

Josh Smith F 6-9 240 12/05/85 Atlanta Hawks / Oak Hill Academy (VA)

Russell Westbrook G 6-3 187 11/12/88 Oklahoma City Thunder / UCLA

Thaddeus Young F 6-8 220 06/21/88 Philadelphia 76ers / Georgia Tech

Mini-Camp Staff

Jay Triano, Toronto Raptors

Tyrone Corbin, Utah Jazz

Dave Cowens, Detroit Pistons

Kenny Gattison

Jerry Sichting, Minnesota Timberwolves

Not really the elite head coaching or players that some are touting he'd be training with but a good, solid, young group of similar talents and successes for him to perform against. Quite frankly I think Smoove has a better chance of making it now to a Goodwill game atleast and this would be better for his self esteem. I have no idea how'd he'd react to a Kobe yelling at him in practice, might help or it might not.......

Edited by CrawfulToCrawesome

Put it like this, in terms of combo of size and athleticism, Josh Smith ranks near the top of the list in the NBA, and he also has great coordination as well.

The guy has proven on numerous occasions he can be a very dangerous player attacking the basket. His back to the basket game is not that great but his face up game, he could be as good as any PF in this league at that. Even without a back to the basket game he should at least score 19 PPG, AT LEAST.

What you just described isn't "talent" it's "potential" and I would agree with you.