• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

A Nightmare On Elm Street

Admin

I know I know you "purists" will probably hate this but I'll enjoy it for what it is the same as I enjoyed the new Halloween, TCM, and Friday the 13th movies. Jackie Earle Haley (Rorschach from Watchmen) plays Freddie and while he was totally creepy in Watchmen it's going to be extremely difficult for me to accept anyone other than Robert Englund as Freddie but we'll see.

l_15f40dbd42f242c39b7b15939582de3e.jpg

I know I know you "purists" will probably hate this but I'll enjoy it for what it is the same as I enjoyed the new Halloween, TCM, and Friday the 13th movies. Jackie Earle Haley (Rorschach from Watchmen) plays Freddie and while he was totally creepy in Watchmen it's going to be extremely difficult for me to accept anyone other than Robert Englund as Freddie but we'll see.

l_15f40dbd42f242c39b7b15939582de3e.jpg

Well, the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre hasn't held up. The sequel is not mediocre because it's not as good as the first one. It's mediocre because... Well, it's boring to be honest. The original Jason movies are no work of art... But they have 80's camp that just can't be redone effectively. The Dawn of the Dead remake is good. Partly because it stands as it's own movie. You could name it something else and it wouldn't make a difference. I haven't seen the new Halloween. I loved The Devil's Rejects, but this just didn't look very good.

You didnt like the new TCM's???

I actually thought they were really well done!

I also really liked the new Halloween. I thought Rob Zombie did a good job reinventing the series.

H2 comes out in August if memory serves, and it was filmed in Atlanta!

I'm really looking foward to the new Elm Street. Freddy was always my favorite.

• Admin

i"m looking forward to this. JEH is a fantastic actor and Englund had taken the role as far as it was going to go with him. He had become a caricature of the character he played in the first movie. This movie is going to be a lot less campy than those movies had become and actually focus on telling the story rather than inventing scenes to Freddy can have his one-liners. Actually having an interesting story is what makes this potentially the best remake of the bunch.

i"m looking forward to this. JEH is a fantastic actor and Englund had taken the role as far as it was going to go with him. He had become a caricature of the character he played in the first movie. This movie is going to be a lot less campy than those movies had become and actually focus on telling the story rather than inventing scenes to Freddy can have his one-liners. Actually having an interesting story is what makes this potentially the best remake of the bunch.

Wow I'm really surprised that you're interested in this one since you don't typically like these new horror remakes. Haley was awesome in Watchmen so I hope he'll be awesome in this role too but it's his voice that I'm really interested in hearing since Freddy is the only one of these horror flick bad guys that actually talks and Robert Englund was perfect. I am glad that this one won't be campy though!

You didnt like the new TCM's???

I actually thought they were really well done!

I also really liked the new Halloween. I thought Rob Zombie did a good job reinventing the series.

H2 comes out in August if memory serves, and it was filmed in Atlanta!

I'm really looking foward to the new Elm Street. Freddy was always my favorite.

I liked the Dawn of the Dead remake and even The Ring. Like I said, The Dawn of the Dead remake can stand on it's own... It also has a really good cast. Ving Rhames is always awesome.... Well, besides that terrible Chuck and Larry movie. It's a very solid action/horror movie. I thought TCM remake was just a boring slick rehash of the first one with very little interesting ideas of it's own. Yeah, it's better than a lot of the PG-13 horror movies that have came out the last 15 years, but it's still not very good.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

• Admin

Have you by chance seen 'The Descent' ?

It's not a remake or anything, but It's the best horror movie I've seen in YEARS.

(You know when rottentomatoes.com gives a horror movie an 85, they are onto something...)

Fantastic movie! Probably one of the best "horror" movies I've seen in a long time. Though I saw the euro ending, which is MUCH MUCH MUCH better than the US release's ending, IMO.

Fantastic movie! Probably one of the best "horror" movies I've seen in a long time. Though I saw the euro ending, which is MUCH MUCH MUCH better than the US release's ending, IMO.

Yes - I've seen both endings and have to say that I agree.

There is a Descent 2 coming out in September I believe. It's supposed to pick up right where the last one left off.

cant wait.