• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Atlanta's Place in the SE Division.

Diesel

• Premium Member

I'm thinking that the Southeast is going to be very competitive this year. For several reasons.

Here's what I see.

Orlando = Possible EC Champs. Let's just admit it. They got Vince. They kept the turkish Hammer. They still have Lewis. Losing Turk was bad, but getting Vince and getting Nelson back makes them a dangerous team. Oh yeah.. I almost forgot. I think that Howard comes back more skilled.

Miami = maybe 4th. Chalmers, Wade, Beasley, Haslem and Oneal Maybe good but not so scary. Their success depends on if ONeal and Wade can stay health and if Oneal can contribute.

Washington. Possibly 2nd. The injuries should be over. Foye, Agent 0, Butler, Jamison, and McVee. This team is very deep. They have added Mike Miller off the bench to help their shooting. They also have Critt, Heywood, Stevenson and Blatche. Flip is in his second season and he's able to get a team prepped to win. With all that fire power, I can't see Washington not making the playoffs.

Charlotte. Probably 5th. Up until a few days ago, I had them challenging Miami. But when you say you're trading Okafor for Tyson, you're saying that you're still rebuilding, slashing, and moving pieces around. What I like about the team is Augustin, Henderson, Wallace, Diaw, and Chandler. What I don't like is the fact that you guys are not physical. Horf should have a field day. It will be interesting to see what happens with Felton. Even if they resign him, he will be traded. Maybe he'll end up in GS. Maybe Felton for Wright and others will be a good deal.

Atlanta . 3rd.. maybe 2nd. Small shot at first. We are so unpredictable. Most of it due to our coach. Our home record should be nice. The question is what about our offense. Is Craw enough. Also, nobody has addressed PF for us. IF Horf is the C, we need Joe Smith or somebody like that badly. Also, Lafrentz isn't out of the conversation is he?

It's tough to predict right now because we have no idea what's gonna happen for the rest of the summer. Miami is still looking at Odom and Boozer and getting either of those two players will definitely challenge us on keeping the 2nd or the 3rd spot in the division.

I think the only thing we can say for sure is that Charlotte will be the last team in the division. The 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and the 4th spot on the division is up for grabs for us, Miami, and Washington.

If I have to take a guess, here is how it will go:

1. Orlando

2. Atlanta

3. Miami

4. Washington

5. Charlotte

• Premium Member

Since Odom is back to L.A. we should have the 2nd spot (and the #4 seed).

2nd in the SE is one thing... Not a given... because if Washington is healthy, they will be very hard to contend with. Still Orlando has made some deep changes... the dynamic of a young Howard and an aging Vince will be interesting to watch. They will miss Turk.

BUT...

4th pick.

I take that to mean, you're expecting:

Cleveland, Boston, Orlando, then us like last year.

There are some other teams that we will have to fight off.

1. Washington.

2. Chicago. = a whole season with Rose and Salmons. Add in Johnson ....

3. Toronto = Not through dealing yet, but they are dealing.

4. Detroit = Gordon, Villanueva, Rip.... Kuester. It will be interesting to see how they manage without a real PG I suppose they trade Rip fairly soon.