• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Compare present to past

JJFAN4LF

I was thinking about this as I was watching some old vids on NBATV. Does our players have a similar game to someone from the past?

The two players that was really hard to compare someone to from the past are Mike Bibby and Josh Smith? Does Bibby and Josh have that unique of a game?

• Premium Member

I was thinking about this as I was watching some old vids on NBATV. Does our players have a similar game to someone from the past?

The two players that was really hard to compare someone to from the past are Mike Bibby and Josh Smith? Does Bibby and Josh have that unique of a game?

Josh Smith reminds me of Larry Nance. It's just the way that they both play. They both were strong finishers but didn't spend a lot of time inside.

Bibby is a little more difficult. He's an OG with good PG skills. One of the names that comes to mind is Mark Price. Ironic huh? I think Price played the same lack of defense. He also shot the same types of shots. I just think that Price racked up more assists. Now, if you consider Bibby by age with Price, then it's more than a definite. I think that by the time Price was Bibby's age, he was doing the same thing Bibby does now. Play the OG. Cleveland had Brandon by then????

Josh Smith reminds me of Larry Nance. It's just the way that they both play. They both were strong finishers but didn't spend a lot of time inside.

Bibby is a little more difficult. He's an OG with good PG skills. One of the names that comes to mind is Mark Price. Ironic huh? I think Price played the same lack of defense. He also shot the same types of shots. I just think that Price racked up more assists. Now, if you consider Bibby by age with Price, then it's more than a definite. I think that by the time Price was Bibby's age, he was doing the same thing Bibby does now. Play the OG. Cleveland had Brandon by then????

Good call on the Price and Bibby comparison. Price was definately better but they played the same way.

Josh and Nance is also a good call. I wish Smith was as good as Nance. Nance was still a solid player into his 30's after he lost his hops. Nance had fundementals and was a solid rebounder. Hopefully Josh learns those same basic fundamentals.

I thing Derrick McKey and Marvin Williams are a good comparison.

Al Horford and Anotonio Davis (in his prime) is a good comparison.

I am hoping Teague will be like Jason Terry or L. Barbosa.

ZaZa reminds me of Bill Lambier without the perimeter shot. Both guys love to get under the skin of other players. Of course know one is as dirty as Lambier was though.

• Admin

I hope that is not true. We don't need another undersized shooting guard. He will be the wrong pick if we get a JT / Barbosa.

We need Teague to be a point guard. A guy who gets other players involved and is able to run an offense. If he can score that is great too but JT / Barbosa (especially Barbosa) can not run a team.

• Premium Member

Good call on the Price and Bibby comparison. Price was definately better but they played the same way.

Josh and Nance is also a good call. I wish Smith was as good as Nance. Nance was still a solid player into his 30's after he lost his hops. Nance had fundementals and was a solid rebounder. Hopefully Josh learns those same basic fundamentals.

I thing Derrick McKey and Marvin Williams are a good comparison.

Al Horford and Anotonio Davis (in his prime) is a good comparison.

ZaZa reminds me of Bill Lambier without the perimeter shot. Both guys love to get under the skin of other players. Of course know one is as dirty as Lambier was though.

The thing about Nance is that even though Nance didn't make a living driving... he could do it excellently. Some guys have the tools to be really good inside guys and are missing the mentality. Nance and Smoove are exactly alike in that way. Nance... The Ayatollah of Slamola was a guy who if he wanted could have been Shawn Kemp... but he just didn't have that kind of mind. He was also a little too thin... Needless to say, I have given up on the Smoove = Kemp fantasy. Kemp was just too much of a bull. He had the dominique like mentality that he's going hard at the goal everytime he touches the ball. Smoove don't have that... but he damn sure has the same set of tools.

• Premium Member

I hope that is not true. We don't need another undersized shooting guard. He will be the wrong pick if we get a JT / Barbosa.

We need Teague to be a point guard. A guy who gets other players involved and is able to run an offense. If he can score that is great too but JT / Barbosa (especially Barbosa) can not run a team.

I don't think Teague is the second coming of JT. However, he will be an OG. I think he falls somewhere between JT and Paul. He has blink speed, he's not going to wow you with his passing, but he's a guy who has leadership ability. I'm telling you, I really think we could have put this guy under Anthony Johnson and had a real live Kevin Johnson like PG.

I don't think Teague is the second coming of JT. However, he will be an OG. I think he falls somewhere between JT and Paul. He has blink speed, he's not going to wow you with his passing, but he's a guy who has leadership ability. I'm telling you, I really think we could have put this guy under Anthony Johnson and had a real live Kevin Johnson like PG.

I could see Teague falling between JT and Paul (in skill set, not talent) because he's not the shooter that JT is but he's a better ballhandler. I don't see Teague struggling to get the ball up the floor against pressure as a rookie like JT did. That said, he's not the ballhandler/passer that Paul is either. I think the kid has a lot of upside and I think his skills are a great fit for what this team is missing. If he can get stronger and show that he won't be a huge liability on D, he might help us sooner rather than later. Even if he can't help us much this year (I'm still hoping that he can), I like his chances to be really good going forward.

• Admin

I think a good scenario and what I am hoping Teague turns out to be is a Devin Harris. If not, a Monta Ellis.

Monta Ellis is not a good pg. He is a good player but he is not very good at running an offense...he is to concerned about getting his own points. This is not what we need from Teague.