• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

UGA 13th, Tech 15th in coaches poll

DrReality

Not sure I believe this>

UGA 13th, Tech 15th in coaches poll

By TIM TUCKER

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Georgia is ranked No.13 and Georgia Tech No. 15 in the preseason USA Today coaches' poll released today.

Georgia accumulated 707 points in the voting to Tech's 559.

Who's sandwiched between the Bulldogs and the Yellow Jackets? That would be Oregon at No. 14.

In no surprise, the defending national champion Florida Gators are ranked No. 1 in the coaches' poll, gaining 53 of 59 first-place votes. The other first-place votes went to Texas (4), Oklahoma (1) and USC (1).

The top 10: 1. Florida. 2. Texas. 3. Oklahoma. 4. USC. 5. Alabama. 6. Ohio State. 7. Virginia Tech. 8. Penn State. 9. LSU. 10. Mississippi.

Georgia's season-opening opponent, Oklahoma State, is ranked No. 11, two spots ahead of the Bulldogs. California is No. 12.

I am surprised at UGA being fairly high. You are making a guy who was 33/58 over his career the starter now. Your starting RB situation is still up in the air. Green is gonna do great, the defense should be solid. But I am not sure that this year is gonna be a great one.

I would rather them give the qb job to one of the freshman, let him develop some. Then give the rb to a young guy instead of King. Give the rb job to anybody but King.

• Moderators

I am surprised at UGA being fairly high. You are making a guy who was 33/58 over his career the starter now. Your starting RB situation is still up in the air. Green is gonna do great, the defense should be solid. But I am not sure that this year is gonna be a great one.

I would rather them give the qb job to one of the freshman, let him develop some. Then give the rb to a young guy instead of King. Give the rb job to anybody but King.

I like putting the QB role in Cox's hands. Cox's problem has never been talent - it was more opportunity.

I don't think King can be a full-time RB and don't think he wil be, but what is the aversion to him?

Joe Cox has never lost a game in Highscool while winning multiple state championships. He has a lot of David Green in him, in that he is just a winner and a natural leader but may not be the most talented physically or have the biggest arm but he, like Green, is pretty accurate. He jead UGA to a 4th quarter come back vs. Colorodo his Sophmore year.

Cox was Steve Spurrier's first choice of QBs in his highschool class.

I unerstand he has not had much college expierence but atleast he is a 5th year senior with a good pedigree.

I believe the coaches over the press as far as rankings. The LSU game seemed to show that 2nd half vs. UGA was a fluke...........the UGA players quite and were thinking about the holliday weekend. LSU did not quit in the 2nd half and kept it at the blow out the UGA game should have been.

I still give props to Teck for a perfect 2nd half football though. They earned that win ! I still think UGA beats them 7 times out 8.......(just like they gave done over the last 8 years.)

Joe Cox has never lost a game in Highscool while winning multiple state championships. He has a lot of David Green in him, in that he is just a winner and a natural leader but may not be the most talented physically or have the biggest arm but he, like Green, is pretty accurate. He jead UGA to a 4th quarter come back vs. Colorodo his Sophmore year.

Cox was Steve Spurrier's first choice of QBs in his highschool class.

I unerstand he has not had much college expierence but atleast he is a 5th year senior with a good pedigree.

I believe the coaches over the press as far as rankings. The LSU game seemed to show that 2nd half vs. UGA was a fluke...........the UGA players quite and were thinking about the holliday weekend. LSU did not quit in the 2nd half and kept it at the blow out the UGA game should have been.

I still give props to Teck for a perfect 2nd half football though. They earned that win ! I still think UGA beats them 7 times out 8.......(just like they gave done over the last 8 years.)

Oh no my friend. We've got a year in our system and added some talent. We also retained a lot of the talent we had on our defense and offense. We'll scrub UGA this year, and will start stealing some of their recruits the next.

Oh no my friend. We've got a year in our system and added some talent. We also retained a lot of the talent we had on our defense and offense. We'll scrub UGA this year, and will start stealing some of their recruits the next.

One thing is for sure...........the UGA / Tech Rivalry is back !