• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Garrett Siler?

PaceRam

• Moderators

And, he is on our current roster?

I missed the name Preist Lauderdale when I checked.

Seriously, I find no one.

:magnifier:

Siler isn't on our roster either. If he is the next Priest Lauderdale, he shouldn't ever be on our roster.

Priest Lauderdale was terrible, thankfully Siler will be in the DL.

Can someone tell me if Siler is hurt or Woodson just decided not to play him in the past two games? I was really looking forward to seeing how he would play in preseason but so far he has just played a few minutes in the 1st game. Also, I think I read where the Hawks might be making a few roster cuts later today (hopefully, Siler will survive the 1st cuts and get a chance to play more before the Preseason in over).

Can someone tell me if Siler is hurt or Woodson just decided not to play him in the past two games? I was really looking forward to seeing how he would play in preseason but so far he has just played a few minutes in the 1st game. Also, I think I read where the Hawks might be making a few roster cuts later today (hopefully, Siler will survive the 1st cuts and get a chance to play more before the Preseason in over).

I think he is hurt because He, Craw and Joe Smith did not practice in the open prac to all the hawks fans.

Can someone tell me if Siler is hurt or Woodson just decided not to play him in the past two games?

From Hoopinion on last night's game:

Joe Smith (left knee), Jason Collins (strained right quad), and Mo Evans (left knee) have yet to make their pre-season debuts. Jamal Crawford's (left calf strain) nine ineffective minutes Wednesday continue to constitute his only pre-season action. Garret Siler warmed up by his pulled right groin prevented his participation.

Now that Wilkes and Dixon have been released what do you think Siler's chances are now of making the Hawks final roster? And, I know it has been mentioned many times but I can't remember so can someone please tell me how many players the Hawks will carry on their roster (I think they are currently down to 16?)? Thanks!

• Moderators

Now that Wilkes and Dixon have been released what do you think Siler's chances are now of making the Hawks final roster? And, I know it has been mentioned many times but I can't remember so can someone please tell me how many players the Hawks will carry on their roster (I think they are currently down to 16?)? Thanks!

It has been reported in the press they will keep 13 - which would leave only one roster spot open. They can carry up to 15 but Sund has said they won't pay for those last slots.

I thought I read somethere that the Hawks could keep Siler at a relatively cheap price (considering the average NBA Salaries). If this is true, do you think they might keep one additional spot with the hopes that Siler develops into that BIG Center that they thought he could?

From HawksPRMan's twitter: "The departures continue from the Hawks...the team just released C Garret Siler. Thirteen players now make up the team."

So much for getting a Siler jersey this year...

I just read that Rio and Sims were cut prior to today's practice. Siler was cut after practice. Makes me wonder if they gave him one more shot to leap frog Othello for one of the final spots. Stands to reason, that was probably the case - so big fella wasn't too far off. I hope it doesn't come back to bite us in the *ss down the road.