• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Pacers fire Thomas!

KB21

With Carlisle I do believe that they are probably the favorite. I wonder if Jermaine is going to pout now? I imagine that his insistence that Isiah stay was the only reason that the Pacers didn't fire him immediately after their atrocious showing in the playoffs. If that is the case that is kind of crappy.

Don't get me wrong like 90% of the world's population I thought that Thomas was a bad coach or at least a wildly inconsistent coach, but that is the wrong way to treat anyone. Carlisle should know how that feels.

• Premium Member

What have you been smoking.... Let's look at their roster:

PG - Jamal Tinsley.... I think he's adequate, but a lot of people think he's JUNK.

SG - Reggie Miller.... Old man. He's still a good three PT shooter, but does he stick with the Carter's, Tmac's, and Odom's of this division?

SF - Ron Artest.... This guy plays hard but I wouldn't call him the most stable joker.

PF- Jermaine Oneal.... Next to Reef, this is the best PF in the East.

Defensively, he's good. Offensively, he's OK. He's not worth what they paid him but he's good. The problem is that he can't create for himself.

C- Scott Pollard..... Ha.

So they have glaring deficiencies at PG and C.

I say they have an adequate bench with Harrington and Bender but nothing to write home about.

YOU Snubbed some other teams:

NJ = Kidd, Kittles, RJ, Martin, Mourning.

Detroit = Billups, Halmilton, Darko, Wallace, Campbell

Detroit = Snow, Iverson, Grob, Thomas, Coleman.

Miami = Odom, Jones, Butler, Grant, Wade.

Diesel again an astute analysis, the pacers lineup isnt as ggod as last year. Scott Pollard WTF! Diesel if we could get you to stop making trades you would be the most asatute team analyst ever.

However I am sure every one else on the squawk thinks Pollard is an upgrade from Mercer and B.Miller. HA!! Chad Ford proved last year that we are amatuers and he is a pro. He thinks we suck and so do I.

Hotlanta I am rejoining the Hawks are a waste of time camp.

In reply to:

Detroit = Billups, Halmilton, Darko, Wallace, Campbell

Detroit = Snow, Iverson, Grob, Thomas, Coleman.

That's an impressive team Detroit has there -)

Joking aside, I think Indy will miss Mercer and Brad Miller dearly, have some glut issues at SF (Artest, Harrington, Bender with a cameo appearance of Croshere) but all in all they are a nice combination of youth and vets. I think you're right though, 4th seat in the playoffs sounds about right for the pacers.

What's with the nba draft avatar btw Diesel?, season hasn't even started yet or are you on the Emeka Okafor, Dwight Howard, Pavel Podzolkine or Tiago Splitter watch?

• Premium Member

It wouldn't matter if Phil Jackson and Larry Brown and Larry Bird and Chuck Daily and Red Aurebach and John Wooden made a coaching coalition to coach the Pacer... They are not the most talented team in the east.

Scott Pollard wasn't even a starter in Sac Town... He was their third string C.

Pollard suffered from disc/back troubles much last year, esp. early in the season, but has been their first line bu c and played quite a bit of bu pf as well...and done an admirable job at both places. He's knida like Miller in that he gets the job done pretty well, even though you're left wondering how he got the job done...

• Premium Member

I thought about the possibility of:

Tinsley/Artest/Harrington/Oneal/Foster.

I also thought about:

Tinsley/Miller/Artest/Harrington/Oneal.

Both of these teams and any other combination you can find is still weaker than:

Detroit, Philly, NJ, Miami, and maybe even Chicago.

The Pacers will win more next season and has nothing to do with Carslie. The Pacers were more talented last year, but they were also too young to be a serious threat. Remember the Kings a few years ago, loaded with talent and couldn't beat the Jazz in the playoffs. If talent was all you needed the Clippers should have been the greatest team in History last season. They had 9 players that were potential stars, but they were garbage, Why? Too Young. Yet the Pacers who were even younger won 48 games and made the playoffs two consecutive seasons.

But lets see J.Oneal wants to be traded now that they fired Thomas. HA HA. [censored] the PussyBalling Bird Pacers. Larry is just mad that Zeke called him out back in the 80's.

GOD . Smite them Smite the Sissyballing new era Pacers.

Sure they had young players but they have had some good veteran leadership to guide those young players every since Zeke has been there. The Pacers definitely have less talent now than they did last year but they will win more games because Carlisle will teach them to play a disciplined game and not be all over the place like they were when Zeke was coaching.

Crying about Vet Leadership on the Pacers...it's somewhat laughable. People on this board cry about Reef needing to step up all the time...and fail to realize that JO's been the L the same number of years as Reef, the exact same. Reef played one year college ball, JO none...however JO played (or sat) on finals teams in Portland and helped lead and contend for playoffs and more for three straight years now in Indy...

throw in Reggie, Zeke, Croshere, and others assembled on that team who have significant playoff/pressure experience and, while young, you have an experienced team...