• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Diesel's take on the game.

Diesel

• Premium Member

JJ's first half sucked. I think JJ tried too much. JJ is a better player when he doesn't focus too much on scoring. When he let the points come to him in the flow of the game, he does better. When he hog the ball for a score, he doesn't. There was a great difference between the start of the Lakers game vs. this one. In the start of the Lakers game, JJ was very comfortable. He scored most of our points, but he wasn't trying to. He wasn't trying to get off. He's not a player of the Dominique Mold where he will go toe to toe with anybody at anytime. He doesn't have that game. However, he's more in line with Smitty. He can score a lot but usually with framework.

Craw was the man. Yes, Craw is a volume shooter.. when he wants to be... however, Craw is able to break down defenses and find scores for himself and others. I think that's the difference between him and Flip. Flip could not make others much better but was able to use the offensive scheme (or non-scheme) to get scores. Craw is able to play within the scheme and get scores for himself and our other talented players. I was loving the two man game with Craw and Zaza in the first half.

Bibby was good. The thing about Bibby is that he can hit open shots.

Marvin = Mr. Disappearing act. He scored our first bucket. Then went Missing.

Smoove = Got screwed on his second foul. I cringed when I saw Smoove hit his first set shot from deep midrange. However, he didn't stick with the midrange shots. Smoove has a running hook shot!!!!!!!!!!! He shot it over Aldridge a few times. I hope he continues developing that.

Horf = Horse. He's our second best garbage player. He just takes what he gets. He can hit the midrange high post or baseline shot... when nobody is on him. But he hasn't shown consistency with a man in his face.

Zaza = With Zaza working with Craw... it's a good mix. Craw has taught him the pick and roll and the give and go. Zaza looked like a starting calibre center out there. Plus he's still scrappy!!!

Aldridge is the best big man we've played this year. Yes, I know we've played Bynum... however, Aldridge is an offensive beast. He's dangerous on the break. He's dangerous in the midrange. He's dangerous close. Damn, I wish we had that guy.

Outlaw had his way everytime he wanted it. He can drive so you have to respect that. He can hit the outside shot, so you have to respect that. He's just a guy who has a total package game but is still missing something. He made our switching defense look foolish.

I was interested in seeing that Roy, Marv, and Craw were in front of their home crowd. Even more interesting is that Roy grew up in Craw's neighborhood... And that both Roy and Marv idolized Craw coming up and for Marv even now. I think it must be something when you get JT, Craw, Roy, Marv, Nate robinson, Martell Webster, spencer Hawes, Aaron Brooks, and Luke Ridnour together for a reunion. (I'm sure that there are many that I have omitted)... but the point is.. there's a lot of players from that region.

My take is we finally put together a decent all around defensive game. Seeing Marvin guard Miller was something and it just goes to show how much confdence Woody has in the big guys abilties. JJ on Roy was the marquee matchup and our guy did not dissappoint.

Outlaw killed us as did Aldridge but Horf, Smoove, and ZaZa helped cancel them out by combining for 35 pts and 23 boards. The job we did on Martel was key also. Great all around effort which is why we held them to only 91 pts. This was by far our best defensive effort.

You have to love it when we out rebound a team by 10 that has a true 7 footer in Oden!

My bad, forgot about Pryz who is their second 7 footer!

Edited by Buzzard

• Premium Member

My take is we finally put together a decent all around defensive game. Seeing Marvin guard Miller was something and it just goes to show how much confdence Woody has in the big guys abilties. JJ on Roy was the marquee matchup and our guy did not dissappoint.

Outlaw killed us as did Aldridge but Horf, Smoove, and ZaZa helped cancel them out by combining for 35 pts and 23 boards. The job we did on Martel was key also. Great all around effort which is why we held them to only 91 pts. This was by far our best defensive effort.

You have to love it when we out rebound a team by 10 that has a true 7 footer in Oden!

What is this... Spin control???

My god... let's take everything negative and act like it's not there and try to spin Marvin in a positive direction!!

Let's see, the Marvin talking points for the week... He's such a valued defender.

Marvin got beaten by Outlaw at least 3 times in the game.

Marvin got used by Roy a few times.

Marvin was abused by Aldridge.

Marvin got dunked on by Oden.

So, we had the switch of Marvin on old *ss Andre Miller.

Did you see how bad Miller looked?

He has lost 2 steps... and he never could shoot well from outside. You know How I know he lost 2 steps... Smoove beat him to a pass and Miller had to foul him. Watching Miller last night was like Watching Ali vs. Holmes. You can see that he wants to move, but his body is not cooperating.

However, this is your pitch that Marvin contributed??

Let's See, Marvin scores his first bucket on a wide open 3.

After that, he doesn't hit anther field goal.

Even Bowen and Rodman had to hit more than one shot in 29 minutes of play.

You're amazing Buzzard.

My god... let's take everything negative and act like it's not there and try to spin Marvin in a positive direction!!

Let's see, the Marvin talking points for the week... He's such a valued defender.

He has lost 2 steps... and he never could shoot well from outside. You know How I know he lost 2 steps... Smoove beat him to a pass and Miller had to foul him. Watching Miller last night was like Watching Ali vs. Holmes. You can see that he wants to move, but his body is not cooperating.

You're amazing Buzzard.

I don't understand how you can say Marvin was horrible, but Bibby was good. Hit open shots? He went 3-10 from the field and looked horrible defensively as he has so far all year. I don't like Bibby out there as a shooting guard with Craw controlling the offense.

Edited by GameTime

• Premium Member

I don't understand how you can say Marvin was horrible, but Bibby was good. Hit open shots? He went 3-10 from the field and looked horrible defensively as he has so far all year. I don't like Bibby out there as a shooting guard with Craw controlling the offense.

Bibby is more neccessary than Marvin.

I betcha if we replaced Marvin with Othella Hunter, we would have gotten more production.

I say it's time to stop lying about Marvin.

Bibby is who we thought he is.

He doesn't play much defense but he can manage a game.

However, the story on Marvin has been falsified.

I betcha if we replaced Marvin with Othella Hunter, we would have gotten more production.

I say it's time to stop lying about Marvin.

Bibby is who we thought he is.

He doesn't play much defense but he can manage a game.

However, the story on Marvin has been falsified.

Bibby can't manage a game even as well as Crawford anymore. He knows that, and that is why he gives Joe and Crawford the ball to set up the offense most of the time. He is now merely a glorified spot up shooter (35% even he is overrated at that) and the board loves his "intangibles"

Edited by GameTime

You're amazing Buzzard.

Spin control? Your take on the overall game just turned into a Marvin bash. I talked about our overall game...gave total props to our frontline defense outrebounding a team that has two solid 7 footers, gave props to JJ out playing Roy, and give one mention of Marvin guarding a PG, which I really thought was amazing and you call that spin control? Check yourself Diesel, your Marvin hate is turning quickly into Buzzard hate LMAO

And your aging Andre Miller owned us last season while averaging 16.3 ppg, 6.5apg, and 4.5rpg. You are amazing Diesel. Miller will be the starter by the end of November in Portand. Why dont you go to the Blazers board and see how much love Miller gets over Blake before naming Miller as washed up from 2500 miles away.

You dont usually make changes in the starting lineup so early in the season you usually wait 20-25 games .

I actually like Crawford coming off the bench as it allows us to really force the tempo when he comes in . It allows everyone to get a clear understanding of what there roles are when he does come in the game and it allows us to go from iso joe offense to a pick and roll offense which allows us to get to the line an awful lot and by the time the starters return opponents are in the bonus and every foul they use while trying to double joe send us to the ft line .

Marvin has been a huge disappointment but its the nba and you get more than 2-3 games to make your mark.

I like Bibbys role right now as well simply because it lures teams in to think its the same ol Hawks .The Blazers did not expect for Crawford to have the ball that much and it really confuses them as teams gameplan for the iso joe .As I said in the summer teams do not want their point guards guarding Crawford well except the Celts who have Rondo . But everyone else he causes them fits and now that you have to put your top defender on Joe and now you have this other guy who can shoot from anywhere with the ball on the opposite side of the floor .Who do you double ? when do you double ? off of who do you double ? what about Josh sneaking backdoor for the lobs this opens up soo much of the floor for everyone.

You did not say he was more necessary. You actually said concerning your take on the game "Bibby was good and can hit open shots." Did you even watch the game? Cause Bibby sucked wind last night and Crawford and JJ pretty much saved our collective backcourts *ss. Teague could have easily bested Bibby last night; no doubt in my mind.