• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Kudos to Billy Knight and Rick Sund

sillent

:laughing5:

None of them have even come close to making an All-Star team and you think they can make a combined 10? Sounds like a bad case of Kool-Aid poisoning.

Smoove be on 1 either this year or next and if he continues the trend that's at least 5 or 6 from him alone.

If he wasn't aiming for the lights out pick then he certainly succeeded in that regard.

Childress couldn't score outside of 5 feet, couldn't create for himself or others and he couldn't defend so i dont see how he could be described as multi-talented. What are Sheldens many talents other than marrying over his considerable forehead?

Foye is playing a prominant role with the Wizards. Shelden isn't playing anywhere as far as I know and Childress is playing overseas. At least BK's draft picks can keep him company since they are out of the NBA just like him.

BK's '06 offseason would probably rank as one of the worst ever.

It's funnier that you called Foye a role player(It's hard to take anything else from this statement) and also funny that that bust landed us Mike Bibby and is currently playing for a dominant Celtics team right now. 5th pick(kinda overseas him self right now).

It's funnier that you called Foye a role player(It's hard to take anything else from this statement) and also funny that that bust landed us Mike Bibby and is currently playing for a dominant Celtics team right now. 5th pick(kinda overseas him self right now).

You didn't answer the question. Are Horford and Marvin (BK's best lottery picks) role players or not?

Any GM would take Foye over Bibby right now salaries being equal. Foye can actually drive and play D.

And then there are the 3 franchise players (Paul, Deron, Roy) that BK passed on.

Smoove be on 1 either this year or next and if he continues the trend that's at least 5 or 6 from him alone.

Smith isn't going to make an All-Star team averaging 6 rebounds and jacking up long jumpers. The only way Marvin and Horford can get to the All-Star game is to buy tickets.

You simply do not win championships in the NBA without that lights out player.

this stuff gets more unbelievable by the day

who is the lights out player that BK passed on and where is their championship?

The Hornets have already seen their best years 3-4 yrs into CP3's career!

Roy? He still has not won a championship either and his team has numerous lottery picks too...

So I guess if he does win one I can discredit it based on the same "reasoning" used to discredit BK's results

this stuff gets more unbelievable by the day

who is the lights out player that BK passed on and where is their championship?

The Hornets have already seen their best years 3-4 yrs into CP3's career!

Roy? He still has not won a championship either and his team has numerous lottery picks too...

So I guess if he does win one I can discredit it based on the same "reasoning" used to discredit BK's results

Roy and Paul are both multiple All-Stars. Paul was on the short list of MVP candidates one year.

Funny how you criticize them for not winning a championship but you are heaping praise on BK who never had a winning season. This team hasn't even won a 2nd round playoff game, let alone a 2nd round series.

I'm indifferent on BK. On one hand, he is responsible for the core of the current team - and so far (knock on wood) we look pretty darn good. Can't complain about that. On the other hand, suffering through those miserable seasons developing these guys when watching players that we could have had excel was awful. 3-4 years ago, BK was a hated man for drafting the same mold/type of player. Seeing the PG's we passed on made us hate him even more. Now that's it's 2009, and we've tasted success the past couple of years because of those picks - we are giving BK praise. Which I have no problem doing because I love this year's team, and he deserves some credit for that. It's a typical "time heals all wounds" kinda thing in my mind.

Rick Sund, however, has been terrific from day one. Happy to have him.

Edited by buckeye242424

Again I have to state facts in terms to help stubborn minds get it. He drafted Childress over Iggy/Deng, Marvin over 2 great pgs, Sheldon was definitely a reach(but was a supposed shot blocker and beast at the time). He made up for that mistake with Horford and Bibby. He probably wanted Rudy over Sheldon any way. All in all made his moves while understanding our pay roll limitations and also more importantly the concept of depth.

Yes tell that to the Spirit. BK drafted who he wanted everytime; which is why he missed on so many picks and is no longer in the league. What you are saying about Shelden vs Rudy is pure speculation BTW. Especially when you take into account it was leaked out weeks before the draft that he wanted Shelden; it makes your specualtion even harder to believe.

It is what it is...you have all these picks: you can draft all-stars (not one), starters (three), and bust (three). I would say BK is batting well below .500 with his 1st round draft picks.

Edited by Buzzard

Roy and Paul are both multiple All-Stars. Paul was on the short list of MVP candidates one year.

Funny how you criticize them for not winning a championship but you are heaping praise on BK who never had a winning season. This team hasn't even won a 2nd round playoff game, let alone a 2nd round series.

it's hard to debate with you because you do not pay attention to details.

I did not criticize them for not having a championship. The quoted poster used championships as a measure so I used it. He simply under cut his own argument.

That is the point.

Also what is this obsession with all-star status?

Those are moral victories.

Nique went to all-star games

Nique wanted a title

I thought we were supposed to want the TEAM to win a title.

We are closer than the hornets

we are closer than the jazz

and I believe closer than portland

Here is a couple of details for you. Not every team with a all-star wins a championship; but never in the history of the league has a team won one without at least two past/current/or future all-stars and most have three. Obsessing about your teams lack of all-stars goes hand in hand with obessing about wanting them to win championships. You are not going to accomplish one without the other.

Hope that answers your question.

Edited by Buzzard

• Premium Member

Utah's record since we drafted Marvin over Williams = 194 - 134, 60 games over 500

NO's record since we drafted Marvin over Paul = 182 - 146. 36 games over 500

Our record since drafting Marvin over Paul and Williams = 140 - 188, 48 games under 500.

Also, both Utah and NO's won more games last year than we did, while playing in a much tougher Conference.

The only reason we are comparable today with those two teams is because of Sund's moves and because we stockpiled draft picks due to BK's colossal draft busts.

Paul is averaging 30 points and 8 rebounds a game while shooting 65% from the field this year (80% from threes). Marvin is averaging 10 points and 6 rebounds while shooting 41% from the field.

If you wouldn't trade both Horford and Williams for Paul than you are in a crack smoking minority of NBA fans, Gms, executives, writers, etc.

Utah's record since we drafted Marvin over Williams = 194 - 134, 60 games over 500

NO's record since we drafted Marvin over Paul = 182 - 146. 36 games over 500

Our record since drafting Marvin over Paul and Williams = 140 - 188, 48 games under 500.

Also, both Utah and NO's won more games last year than we did, while playing in a much tougher Conference.

The only reason we are comparable today with those two teams is because of Sund's moves and because we stockpiled draft picks due to BK's colossal draft busts.

Paul is averaging 30 points and 8 rebounds a game while shooting 65% from the field this year (80% from threes). Marvin is averaging 10 points and 6 rebounds while shooting 41% from the field.

If you wouldn't trade both Horford and Williams for Paul than you are in a crack smoking minority of NBA fans, Gms, executives, writers, etc.

I wouldn't today, that's for sure!

I did not criticize them for not having a championship. The quoted poster used championships as a measure so I used it. He simply under cut his own argument.

That is the point.

Those are moral victories.

Nique went to all-star games

Nique wanted a title

I thought we were supposed to want the TEAM to win a title.

We are closer than the hornets

we are closer than the jazz

and I believe closer than portland

The team isn't going to win a title without more than one All-Star (an average one at that).

The records of the Jazz and Hornets since we drafted Marvin >>>>> the Hawks record.

Stockton and Malone never won a title. I guess you wouldn't want them on the team.

• Premium Member

I wouldn't today, that's for sure!

You wouldn't trade two role players for the best PG of our generation? Ok.

Maybe this year we wouldn't be as good (which is debatable, since our starting lineup would be Paul, Crawford, JJ, Josh, Zaza, with Bibby as a sixth man)

You are talking about two sure fire All Stars in that lineup (maybe even three if Crawford plays the way he has been playing), with a potential MVP.

Even if it wouldn't make us better in the short term due to our thin frontcourt, having Paul on our Team would be something we can build around for the next decade. We are not winning a championship this year with Horford and Smith, so your hesitation in making a move for a sure fire future Hall of Famer is puzzling, and definite homerism.

If JJ walked next year and we had Paul with us we would have a legitimate shot at getting Bosh, Wade or even Lebron James. (it would require some sallary juggling but all of those players would be salivating at the thought of playing alongside Paul). In fact as long as our GM is not as incompetant as NO's GM and handcuffs us by signing Peja for 14 million a year, we would have our pick of the best FA's year after year after year.

Edited by Atlantaholic

Here is a couple of details for you. Not every team with a all-star wins a championship; but never in the history of the league has a team won one without at least two past/current/or future all-stars and most have three. Obsessing about your teams lack of all-stars goes hand in hand with obessing about wanting them to win championships. You are not going to accomplish one without the other.

Hope that answers your question.

This is a reach.

the goal is to win championships

This is a reach.

the goal is to win championships

No team has ever won a championship without at least two past/current/or future all-stars and most championship teams have three.

Its a reach because its a fact or is it a reach because we only have one all-star?

Edited by Buzzard

• Premium Member

We are 4-1.

The hornets are...

well, they're not.

You can have the moral victory...

I'll take the W

Too bad championships aren't handed out after the first five games of the year... Cool off you to brush off four years of superior play by the Hornets in favor of the last five games... that definitely proves your point that BK did a great job in not drafting Paul. :laughing5:

Anyway, the Hornets record this year has nothing to do with Paul's play and everything to do with NO's front office and the fact they spent 25 million + a year on Peja and Emeka Okafor/Tyson Chandler. Paul is playing like the best basketball player on the planet. The problem with NO is that they have absolutely no talent outside of David West and Okafor, and even those two players are not that great.( No way David West ever makes an All Star team on another team without the best PG feeding him the ball.)

Edited by Atlantaholic