• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

ATL - MEM TRADE

mattlanta

i thought of this trade a while back ... not saying any of our players are playing terrible so far but I'm just saying what you guys would think of this trade. We just beat the Celts so many of you guys shouldn't answer this until a couple weeks later when we get a better look at our team. I know some of you guys will take this the wrong way so let me just tell you that I love how our team is playing but like many other threads in this forum, this is just a "WHAT IF" trade and pure speculation...

Anyways...

MEMPHIS RECEIVES:

PF Josh Smith

SF Marvin Williams

ATLANTA RECEIVES:

SF Rudy Gay (SNT)

C Hasheem Thabeet

2010 1st Round Draft Pick

Would you do it?

I don't think I would anymore. When I thought of this trade, it was when I was still quesitoning Smith. Now I know he is definitely maturing and is only going to get better. Marvin is signed to a decent contract although he hasn't impressed me at all this year. Rudy is also on the way up though so if I could do a Marvin for Rudy trade I'd do it. Hasheem looks very raw in the NBA looks like he should have stayed at UCONN for one more year to work on his post game.

Marvin for Rudy yes, leave Josh and Thabeet out of it. Josh is showing that he's going to be that player that we've all been hoping for and giving him up right now for a guy that we would have to wait about 3 years for him to develop into Deke isn't worth it.

i just finished posting on twitter to rudy rudy gay (twitter rudy gay22) that the hawks should trade for him and all this other stuff like how dominat we would be but what i also saw was that Libid21 did the same thing as me so i was wondering how many hawksquawkers have told him we really wanted him. :write a letter:

• Admin

he really isnt how does his numbers say hes overrated u just cant say it i mean hes a future all star probally

Gay is overrated I agree. He is a me first type player. He is not a player that is going to make his team better. He is a Zach Randolph type...a guy who puts up great stats but doesn't contribute to making a team better. I don't think he would be a good fit here.