I believe the Hawks have turned the corner.

Antmillennium

The Hawks played about as bad as they could possibly play for about 3.5 quarters. They were missing WIDE OPEN shots, throwing balls away, and not capitalizing on Portland's mistakes. There is NO WAY we would have won that game last year. They would have quit halfway into the 4th quarter. However, these Hawks showed grit, determination, fight, and they NEVER gave up. Joe Johnson came up HUGE and Josh Smith was a beast on those boards. Horford kept the team from getting down too much and Smith kept his composure and didn't start throwing up jumpshots like he used to. After watching this game against Portland, I have REALLY good feeling about this team. I'm just going to put it out there right now. If the Hawks play with this kind of determination the rest of the season, we're going to win 60 games this season. I can't wait to see how this season unfolds. However, it looks like we'll be holding onto that #1 ranking for a little bit longer, and we should get some highlights on Sportscenter for a change.

• Like 1

The Hawks played about as bad as they could possibly play for about 3.5 quarters. They were missing WIDE OPEN shots, throwing balls away, and not capitalizing on Portland's mistakes. There is NO WAY we would have won that game last year. They would have quit halfway into the 4th quarter. However, these Hawks showed grit, determination, fight, and they NEVER gave up. Joe Johnson came up HUGE and Josh Smith was a beast on those boards. Horford kept the team from getting down too much and Smith kept his composure and didn't start throwing up jumpshots like he used to. After watching this game against Portland, I have REALLY good feeling about this team. I'm just going to put it out there right now. If the Hawks play with this kind of determination the rest of the season, we're going to win 60 games this season. I can't wait to see how this season unfolds. However, it looks like we'll be holding onto that #1 ranking for a little bit longer, and we should get some highlights on Sportscenter for a change.

They made some effort out there tonight, but the shots were not falling most of the game. These are the games I'm curious to see if they will win. This the kind of game the team gave up on and didn't try hard against Charlotte. This was a very big win that should have ended in 4 periods if the Hawks would have fouled at the end instead of letting Rudy get a three up.

This was the kind of win that good teams pull off. You mess around for 3 qtrs and everyone is just a bit "off", but somehow you pull it together in the end and you grab the W.

Teams like the Lakers and the Celtics do this all the time. Its nice to be on the other end of things now! :)

hey weres marvin lol u got mike bibby, josh smith, joe johnson, al horford lol everone does hate marvin williams lol

I don't hate Marvin. But, I do think he's playing terribly right now. I believe in giving credit when it's due. Marvin Williams doesn't deserve much credit for that win in my opinion. However, that's no knock on Williams, because Crawford doesn't deserve any credit for that victory either. It's just giving credit where it's due.

I don't hate Marvin. But, I do think he's playing terribly right now. I believe in giving credit when it's due. Marvin Williams doesn't deserve much credit for that win in my opinion. However, that's no knock on Williams, because Crawford doesn't deserve any credit for that victory either. It's just giving credit where it's due.

You win as a team and you lose as a team .