• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sign of the Apocalypse?

HawkItus

Orlando is the only team I fear. We don't match up well with them. Boston or Cleveland? Bring them on.

Yeah Cleveland swept us last year but this is a totally different team now and they took a step back with the Shaq trade.

I tend to agree with you as far as CLE goes BBIB. Maybe I'm being overly optimistic but there comes a time with young(ish) teams like ours that they take a big step. This may be the year for us. I think CLE messed up bigtime getting Shaq...I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't even playing come playoff time. But you still have to factor in the NBA crooks (I mean refs) giving LeBron every call.

As far as Boston goes - we made a big step beating them fairly soundly at their place earlier this year. I don't think the fear/intimidation factor is there anymore. But hey, they are a very good team and they can certainly beat us at our place too.

Concerning ORL - we have played them very well in the past but now they have Carter (the Hawks killer). Still, I think we can give them a helluva series...and you never know.

This could be a year where the 7-game series is actually in our favor a bit. We have a pretty young team (good mix) with lots of weapons that is coming into it's own.

Edited by DJlaysitup

I don't know about that. I think the Hawks could easily take the Celtics in a 7-game series. Maybe even the Cavs. I think beating the Magic is completely out of the question, though.

Well, while anything is possible I'd prefer to not have to play Orlando. Hopefully they get knocked off somewhere along the way by someone else.

Well, while anything is possible I'd prefer to not have to play Orlando. Hopefully they get knocked off somewhere along the way by someone else.

Exactly. Of the strong teams in the East we match up the worst against them.

Exactly. Of the strong teams in the East we match up the worst against them. (ORL)

I don't know if I agree with that tremor. I realize they beat us earlier in the year - but historically we have matched up against them pretty well. Howard is a stud inside but he's no Kevin McHale as far as inside moves go. He's primarily a rebounder/dunker. They do have VC now but VC hasn't won anything. I'm not so sure that they can just whoop us now.

Edited by DJlaysitup
  • Like 1

Howard destroyed us in last game, they killed us with 3 pointers last season (won with around 40 point difference that night) and I have no doubt that VC still can put up his usual show against Hawks once or twice during play off series. It might be enough to beat us.

But the biggest key for Hawks is to stay healthy and energetic for off season.

If Teague keeps developing he could be an "X" factor and super charge the second unit. Rondo came on strong like that as a rookie and made a big difference.

That's good point but the big if. Well playing Teague could give Hawks advantage over Magic since they don't have anyone who can match his quickness.