• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

NBA Teams “Watchability” Scale

D.R.P.

NBA Teams "Watchabilty Scale

14. Atlanta Hawks

I used to hate watching these guys, because they were (and often still are) squandering so much talent by running an isolation-heavy offense that always ended in Joe Johnson dribbling and shooting a bad shot. But they do play very aggressive defense that leads to transition opportunities, and it's been fun to watch Josh Smith grow from being a headcase that didn't know his strengths to one of the toughest one-on-one covers in the league. The only things holding them back are Johnson's overdribbling and Mike Woodson's stone face (seriously, every time the camera cuts to him, he's staring into space. I guess in-game coaching is overrated).

(This also gives me a chance to go on a quick tangent. With all the amazing advanced stats we have these days, how has nobody created a "dribbles per possession" stat? I need to know which players kill ball movement the most. My projected top five: Tony Parker, Joe Johnson, Allen Iverson, Corey Maggette, Earl Boykins. I have my reasons).

"Here's the problem: Boston is so damn unlikeable. Garnett and Rondo are punks. Perkins has developed some ridiculous fake swagger, the kind that results from riding the coattails of your four all-star caliber teammates. Rasheed Wallace needs no introduction, and Pierce is a chronic whiner that got carried off the floor by his teammates in the 2008 Finals, only to magically come back a few minutes later and be just fine."

That's the only thing I agree with. Especially the bolded text.

He is right about Joe overdribbling. You see it every game. We just accept it from Joe because he is our leading scorer and most talented player, but even Joe can get better if he learns to let the game come to him more.

Edited by JackB1

He's hating, once I seen Houston at 3, I knew he was hating. I watch all these teams play. Houston is top 10, but Atlanta is top 4-7 range. LAL, Orl, Phx are the only teams more entertaining than the Hawks.