• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

New Details on shotclock gate in CLE

D.R.P.

• Moderators

What I am saying is that I think the league doesn't take the timing into account as much as fans would want them to. There are plenty of clock errors at all points of the game- and because they league doesn't go back and cause redo's earlier in the game then I think they don't ever want to put a line in the sand saying a mistake at this point is enough to cause a redo- a mistake before this is allowable. They don't want to be a part of the slippery slope. With the Disqualification no matter when it happened I think the League would intervene. Its not something that is normally overlooked but would be taken seriously in the last minute. Once you open up that can of worms then every situation in the last minute gets a ton of extra scruitiny.

And like I said- when the Hawks appeal gets turned down I'm sure people will jsut complain about how the hawks never get a break. but to me the Raptors not getting credit for the basket was a much bigger deal and there was no replay of that game. Honestly I think a big reason why the Hawks were made to replay the Heat game was that they had just screwed up the Raptors game the year before so badly.

I agree here. I don't think the league should be getting in a position where they replay games due to official, equipment or scorekeeper error. Some of that is going to happen and you just need to live with it and move on. Where I think the NBA was wrong was making the Hawks replay last year's game. I do think that had the situation been reversed (Horford fouls out with 5 fouls) that there would not have been a replay. Atlanta's low profile and the prior errors spotatl mentions were likely factors in deciding to let the Heat have an exceptional replay.

I do think it is fundamentally inconsistent to bless this game and replay the Heat game, but I fully expect that will be the decision. The officials and scorekeepers should be absolutely reamed for that negligence, though.

Edited by AHF