• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Allow me to reintroduce myself my name is. . .

Hawksquawk

• Squawkers

. . . not http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2YhtP-m4_0, and that's fine by me. Because what's Jigga got that I don’t except fame, talent, money and Beyonce? I've got a beat and a blog, baby!

Seriously, tonight’s game is my debut as the permanent replacement for my man Sekou Smith on the Hawks beat. I'm new to Atlanta but this is a reintroduction of sorts because I've been out of the sports writing game since last May. That was not by choice but because of cutbacks at the South Florida Sun Sentinel, where I covered the Miami Heat among other things. Grad school was calling my name until the AJC called me up. I feel fortunate to land here.

My last personal experience with the Hawks was covering that ugly playoff series with the Heat in ‘09. Since I got this gig I've been following Ken Sugiura's fine coverage (big thanks to Ken for so graciously going out of his way to help me make a smooth transition). I tried to keep up with all things NBA and Hawks and caught as many games as possible for an …

View the full article