Peachtree Hoops: Preview and Game Thread #39: Oklahoma City Thunder @ Atlanta Hawks

Hawksquawk

• Squawkers

Atlanta Hawks 09-10 Season Game # 39

Thunderlogo_medium

@ Atlanta-hawks_medium
22-18

26-13

Philips Arena

January 18th, 2010, 2:00 PM EST
SportsSouth, Hawks Radio NetworkNBA Audio League Pass
Probable starters:
Russell Westbrook

PG Mike Bibby

Thabo Sefolosha

SG Joe Johnson

Kevin Durant

SF Marvin Williams

Jeff Green PF Josh Smith

Nenad Krstic

C Al Horford

Hawks Injury Report: Full strength fools. 

Thunder Injury Report: None.

Blogging With the Enemy: Welcome to Loud City

Predicted bane of the Hawks' existence: Kevin Durant

Game Preview:

The only reason the Thunder are still an up and coming team and not arrived is because they reside in the Western conference. This is the new version of the Hawks if the Hawks had drafted a superstar. They are good, really good. You can see it in their road record, 10-9, the same as Atlanta.

Slight good news for the Hawks, after back to back one point losses, the Thunder had their break out of the frustration game on Saturday by throttling Miami. Which for my three hours of utter pessimism pre game, that leaves me with one less thing to complain about how the Hawks will lose.

Regardless of attitude coming in, Marvin Williams better bring his lunch pale today. His mom better pack it like he is playing Paul Pierce or LeBron James. Because the Thunder may have grown up, they might actually have started work building their house in the elite neighborhood, but they still go as Durant goes.

Keys to the game:

1. Avoid playing into the Thunder's strength on defense, which happens to be Thabo, who will happen to guard Joe Johnson. On that note, I actually like the Bibby, Jamal, Joe or Jamal, Joe, Marvin line up a lot in this game.
  2. Play into the the Thunder's weakness on defense, which is making Durant work and feeding the front court.
  3. Win the rebound battle. The Thunder are good, and I hate visiting teams that win the rebounding battle. It is depressing.

"I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word in reality. That is why right, temporarily defeated, is stronger than evil triumphant." MLK Jr.

Headed to the Highlight factory today, but enjoy the game thread.

Go Hawks!

di
di

View the full article