• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Just in case people have forgotten that quickly . . .

TheNorthCydeRises

When Joe is on, he is one of the smoothest players in the game. He is the only player outside of Kobe who can score 36 and looks super smooth at the same time, its like he almost floats on the court. He needs to play like this more often, attacking after one dribble instead of waiting for the defense to set up, but I don't think he has that much energy anymore. I remember back in 05-06, Joe was nearly unstoppable, he had strings of 30+ point games like it was nothing. I always thought that the injury at the end of that year is what changed him the most. He was getting near elite status that season,as well as the only reason I watched the hawks. It just disappoints me to see how much his game has changed since then.

I remember back in 05-06, Joe was nearly unstoppable, he had strings of 30+ point games like it was nothing

Joe doesn't have a string of 30+ point games anymore because unlike 05-06, the rest of the team is better. He was really the only offense and Woody would ride him. How many blowout games did we have back then? Probably zero. So there was no seating out the 4th quarter. Easier to score 30+ when you are practically the only offensive weapon. Now he has to share the ball to make the defense play him and the rest of the starters honest. He has hit 20+ points in 3 quarters and set the bench in the 4th. Signs of a good team.

Yeah...I'm glad this was posted. People don't appreciate what Joe does for us. This is my 2nd favorite Joe video next to the '08 playoffs game 4 "Joe Johnson owns the 4th quarter". Classic.

Someone should edit this video and put this song in the background: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCijTtPMLsA

"I think I have to send you a reminder, here it is..."

:offtopic2:

Josh is so good passer. With better handles he could play point forward like Turk.

Glad you mentioned Smoove. I was waiting on someone to say that about his passing. I remember about 3 or 4 years ago in a game vs Phoenix, that Eddie Johnson ( then the TV color guy of the Suns ), had did a 2nd quarter swap with Smitty for about 10 minutes. Smitty went over to the Phoenix FSN broadcast.

Eddie specifically said even back then that Smoove reminded him more of Lamar Odom than anybody else, because of his ballhandling and passing ability. I think that may be Smoove's offensive value as a player in the future. I don't think he'll ever be a 20 ppg scorer, but he could be a 6 assist a game guy. At his peak, I could see him averaging 18 ppg - 9 rebs - 6 assists . . . as a PF. Those are Scotty Pippen/Kevin Garnett-esque numbers. Woody would have to really trust him with the ball in his hands though. If we continue to not find the PG of the future of this team, I could one day see Smoove being the leading assist guy on this team.

Edited by northcyde

• Moderators

Eddie specifically said even back then that Smoove reminded him more of Lamar Odom than anybody else, because of his ballhandling and passing ability. I think that may be Smoove's offensive value as a player in the future. I don't think he'll ever be a 20 ppg scorer, but he could be a 6 assist a game guy. At his peak, I could see him averaging 18 ppg - 9 rebs - 6 assists . . . as a PF. Those are Scotty Pippen/Kevin Garnett-esque numbers. Woody would have to really trust him with the ball in his hands though. If we continue to not find the PG of the future of this team, I could one day see Smoove being the leading assist guy on this team.

That goes too far, IMO, but I do see Horford and Smith making a devasting a combo with interior passing - especially if we start seeing screens and cutters to give those guys targets to hit.