• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The QB....

Diesel

• Premium Member

Listening to the hype on Tebow and him not being good under Center...

I started to think about it.

Right now, we're in a period where the winning QBs don't go under C.

The spread offense is ni effect.

Peyton = Spread.

Brees = Spread.

Brady = Spread.

Only Brett Farve is using the 7 step drop...

IS this the end for the 7 step drop??

• Moderators

Are you arguing that Manning, Brady, etc. don't take the vast majority of their snaps under center? I am not sure what you mean when you say Peyton Manning doesn't go under center. He does not take shotgun snaps all the time like Tebow and does, in fact, take nearly all his snaps under center.

• Premium Member

Are you arguing that Manning, Brady, etc. don't take the vast majority of their snaps under center? I am not sure what you mean when you say Peyton Manning doesn't go under center. He does not take shotgun snaps all the time like Tebow and does, in fact, take nearly all his snaps under center.

I'm saying that being under Center is not a requirement any more for QBs because a lot of teams run a spread offense.

You're right, Tebow run it 100% of the time, but I tend to believe that it makes you better if you can work out of a spread offense than off of play action.

There are more reads in the spread.

You don't become hooked on one receiver like Bobby Hebert was to Mathis or Carolina's QB on Steve Smith.

• Moderators

I don't think the Florida offense was well suited to training Tebow to read through progressions in a pro offense. He was yards back from the line to start with and just tucked the ball and ran with it if his first couple options weren't there. That won't fly in the NFL.

• Premium Member

I don't think the Florida offense was well suited to training Tebow to read through progressions in a pro offense. He was yards back from the line to start with and just tucked the ball and ran with it if his first couple options weren't there. That won't fly in the NFL.

I agree. I just think an NFL QB who can run a spread office is probably a better reading QB than one who plays predominantly under center and runs PA.

Don't get me wrong, I love PA... but I just think that for QBs, running an offense that forces you to read your receivers makes you better.

And...

How long before, the H-Back Reemerges?

sprintdrawslotIform.jpg

steelerscounter_updateA.jpg

• Moderators

That is my problem with Florida's spread offense. It involves next to no reading of defenses after the snap. Tebow looks at option 1, option 2 and then tucks and runs. He didn't do much in the way of reading defenses. A QB running play-action may be in an offense where he does make those reads...just depends on the offense.