• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Archer on FX

HawkRock1123

Thursday @ 10:00 on FX. If any of you guys like South Park/Family Guy/Robot Chicken, check it out. I haven't laughed so hard at a show in a very long time. Comcast also has a couple episodes on demand right now, I believe.

Definitely NOT for kids, by the way, and my wife hates the show with the fire of 1,000 suns. I'm thinking maybe it's more "guy" humor, although I'm sure there are some women out there who would love it too.

I doubt that the show will last more than a season or two but it definitely has some funny moments. I loved it in the last episode where Woodhouse was standing behind the chair at the dinner table and wanted to sit down and the mom was encouraging him to sit down and Archer says that he's going to think he's people if you encourage him to do that (or something to that effect). Probably one of those you had to see it moments to think it was funny but yeah I am liking the show so far.

Agreed. Honestly I've been trying to get my friends to watch it just in hopes that other people will be as entertained by it as I am, and maybe it'll stay on the air for a while. Every episode so far has given me at least 3 "laugh out loud" moments, and there's not too many shows on right now I can say that about.

And yes - that scene was hysterical.

• 1 month later...

Damn this last episode was freaking hilarious! My favorite two lines in the show this week are "She's the Pelé of anal" and "Imma pain you dearly Woodhouse when I peel all your skin off with a flensing knife and sew it into Woodhouse pajamas and then set those pajamas on fire". I think that this show is actually getting better each week but obviously people are quickly losing interest judging by these numbers.

Date Net Show 18-49 Rating/Sh Viewers (Millons)

14-Jan-10 FX Archer .9/2 1.824
21-Jan-10 FX Archer .7/2 1.230
28-Jan-10 FX Archer .5/1 0.873
4-Feb-10 FX Archer .4/1 0.620
11-Feb-10 FX Archer .3/1 0.760
18-Feb-10 FX Archer .4/1 0.868
4-Mar-10 FX Archer .4/1 0.724
[/code]

Actually, I agree that it would be appropriate for Adult Swim. I really like the show...it has its funny moments, Lana is hilarious and sexy, Cyril is always emasculated, and the rest of the cast brings some nice flavor and spice. Yes, some of the episodes are clearly better than others, but the Lana vs. Archer moments are usually always comical. Put the show on Adult Swim and it might get a better reception.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Final thoughts, huh? Well, the series had its funny moments (still haven't seen every episode). Some were really slow and unfunny, and others had their moments. I would like to see a few re-runs of the short series, but the ratings appear to suggest that it wouldn't be prudent or all that profitable. I still think the Lana vs Archer moments are the best, while a lot of the other stuff (Archer's Daddy issues, Cyril's lack of manhood, etc) are just not all that funny anymore.