• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

At least Hawks did something

Gray Mule

Agree or not, J. Vaughn is again a Hawk. He brings

experience to the team.

He is a good keeper of the ball, doesn't make a lot of turnovers, which this team has become famous for.

It took him forever to score his first points from the

floor the first time around. That shouldn't happen again.

More players will be joining this team soon. If and when

we add JT, we will only have ten {10} on board, so

we know two more are on the way.

Who else will we get? Could this mean that Dickau or

JT will be leaving? Or, will we simply sign two more

players to fill the roster and go from there?

This signing seems to bring more questions than answers.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see what the thinking

of the brain thrust of the Hawks is now.

were to the effect of us needing an experienced backup PG. I assume that that implies that they are not comfortable with entrusting the full responsibilities of the backup PG spot to Dickau. I think rightly so. Dickau does not seem to be progressing much, and he is terribly slow on defense. Perhaps he will be packaged with another player in a trade.

I wouldn't read too much into it just yet. (i.e. trading JT)

It would be a terrible move to give up on Dickau after one season. He showed a marked improvement in his quickness during the summer league.

Dickau's 1st year was very similar to Steve Nash's first year. Give him a couple of years, and Dickau will be a Steve Nash type that will score because he's a lights out shooter, but will pick up a lot of assists because he has great court vision.

Am I at the right board? I could have sworn that I saw someone other than me say that Dickau has potential! If we compare Dickau to Vaughn per 48 minutes, this is the outcome:

(PER 48 MINUTES)

-DD- 17.2

-JV- 13.4

Rebounds:

-DD- 4.2

-JV- 3.4

Assists:

-DD- 7.9

-JV- 6.6

Steals:

-JV- 1.8

-DD-1.3

Turnovers-

-JV- 2.8

-DD- 4.9

Ast:TO-

-JV- 2.4:1

-DD- 1.6:1

Yes, Vaughn holds the edge in Turnovers and Ast:TO, but I think many people here, whether they want to or not, will agree that the difference is at least in part a result of the college to pro transition. He also has .5 more steals per 48, but that is arbitrary. Take it or leave it, but these stats are at the very least comparable.

Yeah, but my comparison wasn't between Dickau and Vaughn. My comparison was between Dickau as a rookie and Nash as a rookie:

Steve Nash/Dan Dickau

65 G/50 G

10.5 MPG/10.3 MPG

.423 FG/.412 FG

.418 3P/.361 3P

.824 FT/.808 FT

1 RPG/0.9 RPG

2.1 APG/1.7 APG

0.31 SPG/0.28 SPG

0.97 TOPG/1.06 TOPG

3.3 PPG/3.7 PPG

I watched Nash when he played at Santa Clara, and I watched Dickau when he played at Gonzaga. They were basically the same player. Both players were the scoring leaders and the floor generals for their respective college teams. They had the same talents as well. Both were dead eye shooters who had great court vision and natural leadership ability. It seemed like these two willed their teams to wins. Neither player was a good defensive player. Nash still isn't a good defender, and Dickau may never be a good defender. I think Nash is a pretty [censored] good point guard though, and I feel that Dickau will be a [censored] good point guard with time as well.

Yeah, I know that your comparison was between Dickau and Nash, who did have strikingly similar rookie years. I was simply putting these stats out there because I was curious myself, and I had yet to see them on here. So, I was really just hoping that this could help people think before they say who's better. Also, thanks for the Dickau/Nash stats.

P.S. KB21, is the pic on the left Nash?