• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The SF position

DJlaysitup

Sorry to dissagree MrH...but it IS a big problem. We aren't getting spit from a position that is normally a production position. I have totally taken Marvin out of my thinking on this. We have an NBDL level SF on a team that could win it all. It HAS to be fixed.

NBDL? NBDL? really?

Marvin does his job. He defends the SF about as well as anyone and he stretches the floor enough to keep teams honest. it doesn't matter who you get...JJ and crawford will be going to dribble-town everytime they come down the floor.

• Moderators

Well I actually didn't say Marvin is an NBA-DL level player - only that we are getting NBA-DL output from him many times. I'm trying to get beyond the Marvin/CP3/Deron stuff and simply look at the position...kickcan.gif

By what metric is his performance this season NBA-DL level or is your argument that there have been individual games that have been NBA-DL level ala what we have seen from Mike Bibby and Jamal Crawford? (e.g., Crawford vs. Portland Nov, Orl Nov, Dal Dec, Utah Dec, Cle Dec, NY Jan, Orl Jan, etc. or Bibby vs. Por, Cha, Hou, NO in Nov, NY, Dal, Chi, Mem, Den, Cle in Dec, etc.)

Why try and fix things when they're not broke? We can't run 5 all-stars out there. Our starting 2 man and 5 man are all-stars. Our PF was robbed, and SHOULD have been an all-star. Good teams need glue guys and leaders. I see Marv and Bibby filling those roles adequately, complimenting our all-stars.

I agree that there are upgrades at the 3 position, and we always want to try and get better. But Marv's been here, knows what Woody wants, doesn't complain, plays hard. That means something. Consistency on a team is huge. We have 30 wins before the All-Star break. I just don't think (unless it's a no-brainer like getting Craws for nothing) we want to mess with this team right now....

• Like 1