• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Johnny Damon: Yeah or Nay?

lethalweapon3

For $3 or $4 mill a year, why not ?

He would be the best leadoff hitter on the roster. I'd love to sign him to a 1 year deal. There is no guarantee Heyward will be ready this season and McClouth has trouble staying healthy. McClouth's .260 average is not ideal for the leadoff spot any way.

We don't have to have Damon but he would be nice to have at the leadoff spot. He is a "winner."

Damon / McClouth / Melky / Diaz - that is a nice 4some to have in the OF. Then Heyward is the wild card and 3 players with the ability to play CF. If Heyward is ready to be a stud it gives us a strong bench and/or some trade bait.

Edited by coachx

I say no only because I think Heyward is ready. If we did sign him though who would go? Melky or Diaz?

I say yes because he's a true lead off hitter which would take

Nate out of that spot then we could actually use his power..but not for 7 mil

but Johnny just makes this team so much better!!

I say yes because he's a true lead off hitter which would take

Nate out of that spot then we could actually use his power..but not for 7 mil

but Johnny just makes this team so much better!!

I agree with everything EXCEPT your last sentence. Damon MAY make this team better, but only marginally. His arm is terrible, hit the vast majority of his career-high HRs outside of that shoebox Yankees stadium, and is pretty old. A full-time Diaz would be able to put up very similar or better numbers. About the only plus to signing him is the one you stated--getting McClouth out of the leadoff spot. Outside of that, Damon won't do much more than what we already have. At this point, he is really a DH.

And that is why I believe he will go to the Tigers for that asinine 2 year/14 million contract they offered is my bet.

I agree with everything EXCEPT your last sentence. Damon MAY make this team better, but only marginally. His arm is terrible, hit the vast majority of his career-high HRs outside of that shoebox Yankees stadium, and is pretty old. A full-time Diaz would be able to put up very similar or better numbers. About the only plus to signing him is the one you stated--getting McClouth out of the leadoff spot. Outside of that, Damon won't do much more than what we already have. At this point, he is really a DH.

And that is why I believe he will go to the Tigers for that asinine 2 year/14 million contract they offered is my bet.

His wife hates Detroit.

Have you seen his wife ? He needs to keep her happy. Scroll have way down the page in the link and check her out:

http://blogs.ajc.com/jeff-schultz-blog/2010/02/18/quick-hits-with-jamison-to-cavs-do-hawks-need-upgrade/?cxntfid=blogs_jeff_schultz_blog