• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trade in this week's Sports Illustrated

DeacKillsaDevil

Nick Cellini talked about the trade in SI on Mayhem in the AM today. Does anyone have the details of this trade?

We would send a future 1st, Mo Evans, Marvin Williams, Zaza and Joe Smith and get Josh Howard and Rasheed Wallace.

He just summarized it but I want the details. Does anyone have this week's SI and can post the full trade?

Yuck ! Now I'm reminded why I never listed to 790's morning show.

Not only are Howard and Wallace both playing like total garbage this year.........they are 2 of the biggest head cases in the league.

I'd take Marvin, and ZaZa over those 2 any day of the week. Add in Smith and Evans and its not even close.

Howard is shooting 40% this year and only 26% from 3. He is averaging only 3 rpg in 32 mpg. Plus he is more worried about partying on his birthday then focusing on game 7 in the playoffs from his past history. The only reason to get Howard is that his salary comes off the books next year (when we have to re-up Horford and Crawford). I still want no part of the Josh Howard.

Edited by coachx

I'm not sure why you are hating on 790 when it was Sports Illustrated that came up with the trade idea.

Simple..........b/c 790 CHOSE to discuss such a silly article. Now if they brought it up just to laugh about how stupid it is then that is one thing but if they had any form of actualy serious debate over such a ridiculous article then it shows how clueless their sports jocks truely are.

The article supposedly mentioned that the reason we would want to do the trade is that Wallace matches up well against Dwight Howard. I have no idea if that is true or not.

LOL............not true at all. Wallace is having a yearthat is even worse the Howard's season. Maybe 4 years ago Wallace would match up OK with Howard but not anymore. His perimeter shooting and post games have gone to pot. Sports Illustrated NBA coverage is quite poor.

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/rasheed_wallace/index.html?nav=page

Just look at the facts. Half of Sheed's shots are 3's yet he is only shooting 29% from out there. His FG% is only 40% and his rebounding is poor. That is not what I want from a 6'11'' big.

Edited by coachx

LOL............not true at all. Wallace is having a yearthat is even worse the Howard's season. Maybe 4 years ago Wallace would match up OK with Howard but not anymore. His perimeter shooting and post games have gone to pot. Sports Illustrated NBA coverage is quite poor.

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/rasheed_wallace/index.html?nav=page

Just look at the facts. Half of Sheed's shots are 3's yet he is only shooting 29% from out there. His FG% is only 40% and his rebounding is poor. That is not what I want from a 6'11'' big.

Not true at all?

Wallace is a head case, takes too many threes, complains too much, and often contaminates the team with his negativity. But if there is one thing he does really, really well is guarding Howard. The one game against the magic where he played extensive minutes against Howard he kept him to 5 points.

By the way, here's the trade from SI. The guy didn't say it's a rumor, just that he, personally thought it would be good for all:

The Celtics trade F/C Rasheed Wallace to the Hawks and F Brian Scalabrine to the Hornets; the Hawks trade F Marvin Williams, C ZaZa Pachulia, F Joe Smith and a future first-round pick to the Mavericks, and G/F Maurice Evans to the Hornets; the Mavericks trade F Josh Howard to the Hawks and F Drew Gooden to the Celtics; the Hornets trade F James Posey to the Celtics.

It's Extreme Makeover: Contender Edition. Dwight Howard is averaging 21.7 points, 14.3 rebounds against Atlanta this season; enter Wallace, one of the league's top Howard stoppers. The stumbling Mavs flip their unhappy Howard for the comparably skilled Williams and pick up Pachulia and Smith to offset the loss of Gooden, who instantly beefs up Boston's anemic rebounding (29th in the league at week's end). Posey reclaims his role as Boston's sixth man while New Orleans lands two role players and sheds the final two years and $13.4 million of Posey's contract.

Not true at all?

Wallace is a head case, takes too many threes, complains too much, and often contaminates the team with his negativity. But if there is one thing he does really, really well is guarding Howard. The one game against the magic where he played extensive minutes against Howard he kept him to 5 points.

That is 1 impressive game no doubt. However, for every good game he had this season he has 5 bad games.

Sheed has 2 more years under contract, after this season, and he already seems washed up... but that is just my opinion of him. Couple that with the locker-room chemistry change. Jo-Ho and Wallace are bad locker room guys while Smith, ZaZa, and Marvin are not good but excellent locker room guys.

Edited by coachx

I said it all throughout the offseason, Sheed is a value simply for his ability to guard Howard one on one. It is not just one game it is historically. Boston lost to Orlando, they went full out for Sheed, Cleveland lost to Orlando, they went full out on Shaq. Why? Because despite whatever weaknesses you can dig up on those guys the road to the finals goes through Orlando and those two go a long way towards nuetralizing Orlando's biggest threat. We made Jason Collins our offseason acquisition for Howard...

Although this trade blows overall I still see some of the reasoning for I championed a Sheed move before but just not at that price.

dlpin is right. Wallace's redeeming skill is his post defense. With that said, part of the Celtics' success against Howard should also be attributed to Kendrick Perkins.

Perkins was in foul trouble most of the games.

Just to make it clear:

Sheed's minutes played - Howard Points

34 - 9

32 - 5

26 - 19

19 - 16

Sure, Sheed brings A LOT of negatives. But defense against Howard is his one HUGE positive.

Coach X, I don't think you'd trade Marvin for Lebron.

LOL........... people love to bring up Marvin.

We would instantly become the whiniest team in the league with Sheed, Smoove, and Woody.

If you want to lead the league in technical fouls and lack of composure have at it.

:snowballfight: I know your a big time Sheed fan. You have been proposing Sheed trades for years......no secret how quickly you would pull the trigger on this one.

Now Craig Smith.......remember that game we were both at and we were both like.........Who is Craig Smith ? There is a cheap big I'd take.

Edited by coachx

LOL........... people love to bring up Marvin.

We would instantly become the whiniest team in the league with Sheed, Smoove, and Woody.

If you want to lead the league in technical fouls and lack of composure have at it.

:snowballfight: I know your a big time Sheed fan. You have been proposing Sheed trades for years......no secret how quickly you would pull the trigger on this one.

Now Craig Smith.......remember that game we were both at and we were both like.........Who is Craig Smith ? There is a cheap big I'd take.

lol