• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Looking for a Guitarist

HawkRock1123

...but since I already post here a lot already:

My band is looking for a guitarist. Singer, Bassist, and Drummer looking for Christian Hard Rock guitarist. No offense to guys who are just starting out, but this needs to be pro level. Influences RED, 7Dust, Flyleaf, 3 Doors Down, Creed, Breaking Benjamin - you get the idea. We are an original band and the first priority will be recording after we get our lineup completed. Tracks are available upon request.

Please - pro gear, experience, no drugs, no alcohol problems, reliable transportation, and be able to practice 2-3 times a week. Age range 24-30.

Thanks and God bless!

My band is looking for a guitarist. Singer, Bassist, and Drummer looking for Christian Hard Rock guitarist. No offense to guys who are just starting out, but this needs to be pro level. Influences RED, 7Dust, Flyleaf, 3 Doors Down, Creed, Breaking Benjamin - you get the idea. We are an original band and the first priority will be recording after we get our lineup completed. Tracks are available upon request.

Please - pro gear, experience, no drugs, no alcohol problems, reliable transportation, and be able to practice 2-3 times a week. Age range 24-30.

Thanks and God bless!

I wasn't aware that rock still had any guitarist. Happy hunting!

Edited by Hotlanta1981

Thanks and God bless!

Good luck in your search. I sing with a band myself and it's hard to find quality, dedicated singers/musicians that are talented and most importantly, live the lifestyle you're playing about.

What's the name of your band? That way I can look out for you in the future? If you like Christian Hard Rock, check out my baby brother's old band. Chasing Victory. They were signed to Toby Mac's label, but broke up a few years ago. He's still doing music now, with his new band Astoria. They've got a few videos on youtube.com and all their albums are available on iTunes. He was the singer.

Will definitely check it out. We don't have a name yet, because all of us have been in bands before where we HATED the name, so we don't want to pick one until the lineup is set :rap: .

I'll definitely check that out man. I also recommend RED if you're into Christian Hard Rock. Those guys are awesome.

Thanks!

Will definitely check it out. We don't have a name yet, because all of us have been in bands before where we HATED the name, so we don't want to pick one until the lineup is set :rap: .

I'll definitely check that out man. I also recommend RED if you're into Christian Hard Rock. Those guys are awesome.

Thanks!

I know Red very well. Our old bassist (his younger brother now plays for us) is in a band very similar to Red called Chosen. They just released an EP. All great guys. Let me know once you guys get rolling. I book for a venue in Albany, GA. We're the largest Christian venue in the area with enough capacity for over 600. Maybe we can give you guys a shot at a show some time down the road.

One place to suggest is myspace. Go under their music section. It might be tough finding who exactly you want. That is one place to search. I am always searching through the unknown names and I am surprise by how many talented Artists there are and they can't get deals. While on the other hand you got trash music like Kesha doing well.

Yeah - Myspace used to have local musicians classifieds but they don't seem to be doing that anymore (I think because their classifieds ads as a whole became pretty racy). I've been all over craigslist looking for people, and I've had a few bites, but we just haven't found the right guy yet.

Dragitoff - you got it man. I appreciate that. I actually just checked out Chosen. Really good stuff!

• Moderators

As guys who are in touch with the Christian rock scene, what is the view on King's X? They are a band that was promoted as a Christian band for a while and then moved away from self-identifying in that genre (also moved away from as much of a pro-Christian theme in the lyrics).

I don't know a lot of Christian rock, but King's X is a band I enjoy so I was just curious how they were seen in 2010 -- or if they were even on the radar anymore after a few years.

The live version of "Over My Head" on their greatest hits album is fantastic for anyone who hasn't heard it but wanted a sense of why they were considered Christian rock for a time.

Actually I don't know much Kings X. Some of the guys I've played with before are big fans, but I can't really speak to it.

The terms "Christian band" or "Christian rock" can be kinda dicey. If a band full of Christians decide to write a song that's just fun and not necessarily all that spiritual, does that make it not a "Christian" song? I know P.O.D. (one of my personal favorites) came under a lot of fire from the Christian community when they toured on Ozzfest. P.O.D. understands that being "salt" isn't any good if you don't get yourself out of the salt shaker. They played Ozzfest fearlessly with a backdrop that had Christ on it. They also took criticism for touring and become really close friends with Korn. Today, 2 members of Korn have since been saved, and you can't convince me that P.O.D. didn't plant a seed there. I know I'm a little off topic here, and it's not exactly what you asked.

Just because Kings X doesn't necessarily carry a "We're a Christian band" banner anymore doesn't mean that their hearts or motives have changed. Some bands choose to avoid the "Christian band" label, not because they're ashamed, but because they see value in taking their music as a light into the secular world. Rather than simply "preaching at the choir", they are doing what Jesus did: seeking out the people who need to hear. To me, a "Christian band" is a group of musicians who say "The top priority of what we're doing is to glorify God." For bands like P.O.D., that means taking positive music outside of the church and showing God's love to people who haven't yet accepted it (the KEY concept here being LOVING OTHERS, not just LOVING OTHER CHRISTIANS).

Also, perhaps whoever is writing the lyrics for Kings X is going through rough times. This stuff happens, and it would only makes sense to write about it. Take a look at the beginning of Ecclesiastes. Solomon was going through a tough time, for sure, and he wrote about it. So, just because the lyrics may have taken a turn, doesn't always mean that a band has lost their faith.

Obviously you should remember I'm writing all of this knowing NOTHING about Kings X. Just kinda shooting from the hip. So - if you're into them - I say great!

Edited by HawkRock1123

Actually I don't know much Kings X. Some of the guys I've played with before are big fans, but I can't really speak to it.

The terms "Christian band" or "Christian rock" can be kinda dicey. If a band full of Christians decide to write a song that's just fun and not necessarily all that spiritual, does that make it not a "Christian" song? I know P.O.D. (one of my personal favorites) came under a lot of fire from the Christian community when they toured on Ozzfest. P.O.D. understands that being "salt" isn't any good if you don't get yourself out of the salt shaker. They played Ozzfest fearlessly with a backdrop that had Christ on it. They also took criticism for touring and become really close friends with Korn. Today, 2 members of Korn have since been saved, and you can't convince me that P.O.D. didn't plant a seed there. I know I'm a little off topic here, and it's not exactly what you asked.

Just because Kings X doesn't necessarily carry a "We're a Christian band" banner anymore doesn't mean that their hearts or motives have changed. Some bands choose to avoid the "Christian band" label, not because they're ashamed, but because they see value in taking their music as a light into the secular world. Rather than simply "preaching at the choir", they are doing what Jesus did: seeking out the people who need to hear. To me, a "Christian band" is a group of musicians who say "The top priority of what we're doing is to glorify God." For bands like P.O.D., that means taking positive music outside of the church and showing God's love to people who haven't yet accepted it (the KEY concept here being LOVING OTHERS, not just LOVING OTHER CHRISTIANS).

Also, perhaps whoever is writing the lyrics for Kings X is going through rough times. This stuff happens, and it would only makes sense to write about it. Take a look at the beginning of Ecclesiastes. Solomon was going through a tough time, for sure, and he wrote about it. So, just because the lyrics may have taken a turn, doesn't always mean that a band has lost their faith.

Obviously you should remember I'm writing all of this knowing NOTHING about Kings X. Just kinda shooting from the hip. So - if you're into them - I say great!

I'm not really familiar with them either, but you have to remember, there are alot of "Christian Bands" that hit the crossover market and do well. They don't get real preachy from the stage because they have an opportunity to minister to people who wouldn't step foot in a church or don't have a personal relationship with Christ. Look at bands like Switchfoot, Skillet, POD, Relient K, The Devil Wears Prada, UnderOath, etc... Those are all bands who have achieved considerable success in the "secular" market of music. They've all been criticized for playing bars, night clubs, and touring with anti-Christian bands. We have to remember that Christ came into this world to heal the sick, not the well. On the flip side of that, we must always remember that Christians are "in" the world, but do not have to be "of" the world. Unfortunately that line gets crossed too many times, but it shouldn't completely negate the seeds planted by Christian bands. My brother's band caught alot of heat for this very thing, partially because they were a Christian bands and played in bars, but also because they were all under 21 and playing in bars.

I'm never ashamed of my faith, but I also realize the greatest ministry I can ever have is to LIVE like Christ wants me to. As Christians, we might not be on stage, but we're in the spotlight 24/7. You never know who is watching so it's vitally important to live it out at all times.

• Moderators

Here is the wikipedia summary:

Whether the band's name was intended as a Christian reference or not, the band members themselves have resisted being identified as a Christian metal or Christian rock band.[5] Although many of their early lyrics have a clear spiritual influence, generally this came from the individual faith of the members rather than an explicit attempt to tap into the contemporary Christian music market in the way groups such as Petra did.[2] While members would speak openly about their faith, and the Faith Hope Love CD insert contained an entire chapter of the Bible, the band rejected the association as a Christian band.[2] While some of their albums were marketed through Christian book stores, most removed their albums from sale after Pinnick's announcement in 1998 of his homosexuality.

One or more members are now agnostic but they have written some great music with strong Christian themes. I would highly recommend them.