• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Anyone Else Think The Yahoo Sports Contributors Are Morons?

Colin

Yahoo Sports

Sixth Man of the Year

1. Carl Landry(notes)

I'm not sure how I feel about this. Because Landry has clearly come off the bench for the last time.

How I feel about his candidacy thus far is clear, as he's still at the top of the list. The guy came off the pine for 51 games as a Rocket, and averaged 16 points, 5.5 rebounds and 55 percent shooting in only 27 minutes per game, sparkling numbers. His work as a Rocket means he should head this list, for now.

By the end of April? When it's time to vote? When he'll have started nearly 30 games? Harder to tell. For now, I'd like to celebrate this guy's 2009-10 accomplishments as a sixth man, because he clearly brought it in Houston.

2. Anderson Varejao(notes)

He's started just seven games out of 62, and though his box score stats aren't much (about nine points and eight rebounds with a block in 29 minutes), just about every advanced-statistical metric, combined with out-and-out viewing of this guy working all over the place defensively, tells you that A.V. belongs.

3. Manu Ginobili(notes)

This is where people get upset, and they're just going to have to deal with it.

Jamal Crawford(notes) seems like a good step ahead of Manu, but he also plays a few more minutes. Per-minute, Ginobili destroys Crawford in rebounds, assists, doubles him up in steals and blocks, and scores 1.8 fewer points per 36 minutes than JC. It's not by much, but when he's been on the court, Manu Ginobili plays better all-around basketball than Jamal Crawford. I don't know how any non-Hawks fan could deny that.

I know that it has no bearing on the actual vote and just random people rating, but how can you not even put him in the top 3, when every announcer we've heard around the league says that Crawford is a near-lock for it, haha.

Edited by Colin