• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trade Idea for Carmelo

txsting

If it looks like we're going to lose JJ, we need to get value for him. We have Craw as a solid SG, and a big hole at SF. I would like to try and sign-and-trade JJ and send him along with Marvin and see how good of a SF we could fetch in return.

To me the most likely play is Carmelo. The Nuggets are strong at PG and in the front court, but don't really have a good situation of depth at either SG or SF. They would acquire two versatile players, including a second-team All Star, and we would acquire a first-team All Star to play SF. Then we can either play Crawford along side, or better yet, find a defensive minded SG to start who plays off the ball. And keep Crawford coming off the bench.

Melo is only 25, so he fits in perfectly with the ages of Smoove and Horf as our core. He's signed up for two more years.

I would certainly be willing give our 1st round draft pick as well.

Hard to say if the deal will work financially without knowing what JJ's salary will start at. Also, Marvin is BYC currently. I would wager there is enough flexibility to get it done, with both sides having a decent amount of low-salary players for matching purposes. Nuggets also have a number of trade exceptions, not sure when they expire though. I'm worried that the Nuggets won't want a deal that adds short term salary (even if it means they don't have to resign Melo), after watching them trade Camby for nothing a while back.