• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Do we want Joe or Woodson apart from each other?

HawkItus

Hear me through. The Joe and Woody show love it or hate it has brought this team measured success. My question is apart from each other, how will they respond? Is Joe a worse player without Woody? Is he a star without Woody's insane usage of him? Is Woody a better coach without his crutch? I mean let's say we make it to the ECF, but Joe leaves. Do we extend Woody without knowing how he performs without his best player? Can Woody adapt?

Edited by sultanofatl

Even if with make it to the ECF you would have Woody walk? I know that is unlikely, but it is not unreasonable to think it could happen. So a coach for a team that payroll wise doesn't compete with over half the league goes to the ECF in a pretty competitive East, and we just let him go?

Even if with make it to the ECF you would have Woody walk? I know that is unlikely, but it is not unreasonable to think it could happen. So a coach for a team that payroll wise doesn't compete with over half the league goes to the ECF in a pretty competitive East, and we just let him go?

If it was up to me i would let him go regardless of what happens in the post season. I have seen enough of Woody and his eyebrows, or lack thereof.

Hear me through. The Joe and Woody show love it or hate it has brought this team measured success. My question is apart from each other, how will they respond? Is Joe a worse player without Woody? Is he a star without Woody's insane usage of him? Is Woody a better coach without his crutch? I mean let's say we make it to the ECF, but Joe leaves. Do we extend Woody without knowing how he performs without his best player? Can Woody adapt?

JJ has made Woody's life much easier by being an all-star that is able to score on his own. The pounding of the ball is well documented, but JJ can score in iso, it's proven. I don't know of another coach in the league that would allow so much one-on-one play....so in that regard, Woody needs JJ.

On the flip side, JJ needs Woody. JJ has free reign to do whatever he wants on the basketball court. This can only benefit him, his stats, AS appearences, ect. I understand Kobe and LeBron have similar freedoms, but JJ is not as talented, and to have the same freedoms as the best on the planet is rewarding...and he's taking advantage.

So in my eyes, they need each other. JJ can pad his stats and build his resume for that max deal, Atlanta or wherever....and JJ can keep trying to carry the load offensively and make the iso offense productive.

If JJ leaves, Woody prolly should pack his suitcase too. I can't bear to watch Woody's offense without JJ over the course of an entire season.

JJ has made Woody's life much easier by being an all-star that is able to score on his own. The pounding of the ball is well documented, but JJ can score in iso, it's proven. I don't know of another coach in the league that would allow so much one-on-one play....so in that regard, Woody needs JJ.

On the flip side, JJ needs Woody. JJ has free reign to do whatever he wants on the basketball court. This can only benefit him, his stats, AS appearences, ect. I understand Kobe and LeBron have similar freedoms, but JJ is not as talented, and to have the same freedoms as the best on the planet is rewarding...and he's taking advantage.

So in my eyes, they need each other. JJ can pad his stats and build his resume for that max deal, Atlanta or wherever....and JJ can keep trying to carry the load offensively and make the iso offense productive.

If JJ leaves, Woody prolly should pack his suitcase too. I can't bear to watch Woody's offense without JJ over the course of an entire season.

exactly my point. but do you want JJ at the max with another coach that will emphasize the other players? I don't know that I do.

exactly my point. but do you want JJ at the max with another coach that will emphasize the other players? I don't know that I do.

I don't know that JJ deserves a max deal either, but it's the market and teams preparing for this FA class that will dictate the money he will make. He's looked upon as that second tier guy...partly because of his role on the Hawks being the man so....so the majority of teams can see evidence he can be a number one guy. But, his role in let's say - NY - will be much different than his role with the Hawks. Sure he's a number one guy, but different systems.

I would like to see JJ in a flowing offensive system. If we brought a new coach in, I don't know what would happen statwise....but I'm under the impression if we have a chance to keep JJ, we do it no matter what.