• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If The Hawks Don't Match,I'm Boycotting The Season

Traceman

They claimed that Dog was traded so they could resign JT and I'm holding them to their word. I don't care if Utah offered JT 6/70, they had better match. If there was any question whether or not they were going to match, they should have sought out a sign and trade deal. They could have even traded JT for a lottery pick before the season began rather than lose him for nothing.

It will be interesting to see how they handle this. They have screwed around with JT for too long and the price is probably way up. I'll bet Utah frontloaded the deal as Jaywalker suggested earlier, making it VERY difficult for the Hawks to match. In fact, the team might have to pay the luxury tax to match if the deal is big enough. All I can say is if that is the case, they had better pay the tax or I'm boycotting. If I boycott, it might actually be kind of fun. I'll go out and shop for a team to support that actually tries to win.

The way this team has been procrastinating all summer, I fully expect that we won't find out whether they are matching or not until the very last day. What a bunch of idiots!

I wouldnt worry about it Trace. The Hawks have been playing the game the whole time, waiting on someone to set the market for JT. Its actually better that someone offered him a big deal rather than him just accepting the one year tender from us because now we can lock him up long time for likely less than we would have to pay next season with him as a FA.

I am with you though on boycotting the team if they just let him walk. I would like to know for sure though if we could sign and trade him to Utah if we really dont want to keep him. Do you think getting AK-47 for him would be a good SnT? Thats about all I would accept from Utah in a SnT.....and thats about the only scenario with them that I see that I would accept if we dont just resign JT.

Once they put an offer sheet on the table and he signed it, that option went out the window. All we can do is sign him or let him walk.

The thing that scares me is that I saw another report out there saying that the deal was likely frontloaded. If this is true, Jaywalker was right on the money. If the deal is large enough, the Hawks might have to pay the luxury tax to match. Do you really believe the Hawks will pay the luxury tax to keep JT? They SHOULD but that doesn't mean they will.

JT is our most recognizable & marketable player. If he doesn't come back then we just passed on the opprotunity to get Josh Howard!!! The only reason we drafted Diaw was so he could play by JT!!!! If JT walks,then I walk, Jay Walker has called for a boycott of the Hawks if JT isn't resigned!!!!

~Peace

I agree if JT stays in Utah, we basically planned everything for nothing, trading Big Dog to offer JT more money...out the window, Drafting Diaw to compliment JT.....out the window and getting nothing for JT.....out the window. This will be probably the lousiest deal ever by Hawks franchise.

I have faith that JT will be back.

Saying this, if he is not re-signed, my hold as a Hawks fan becomes sort of thin. I would probably follow the Hawks, but not as much as some other team. What would we as fans really have to cheer for? A second scorer placed in the role of an only scorer in SAR. ONE defensive minded play in Theo. Then what? I'll tell you, a bunch of role/bench players.

As for which team I would route for when Utah plays ATL (if JT does go to Utah), I'd still route for the Hawks. I despise the Jazz, so if JT goes there, I'd follow him as a player only.

If this deal with McDavid goes through, he better be doing some major sh*t if he wants to keep fans in ATL.