• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

AJC: Atlanta Hawks: Send-Da-Bucks

Hawksquawk

• Squawkers
This didn't mean much in the big picture but it sure looks cool. (Reuters photo)

This didn't mean much in the big picture but it sure looks cool. (Reuters photo)

– Not much to say about the game. The Hawks won 99-83, Rook’ looked good and nobody got hurt. Cavs coach Mike Brown summed it up: “Glad to get this game over with. Now we can focus on the playoffs.”

– It was a weird night. I spent more time looking at the out-of-town scoreboards than the main one. You probably did the same. I vaguely recall seeing Jason Collins shoot a 3-pointer but that can’t be right, can it?

– And then Heat-Nets went into overtime as us hacks waited for Woody to come out for his postgame presser. That was no good for my deadline. Then it went to double overtime, and Woody came out. That was no good for my questions because, really, I had none.

– The Hawks won 53 games, their most since winning 56 in the 1996-97 season. “It's been fantastic,” Woody said before the Heat game ended. “We look at things in three phases: exhibition, regular season, and now it's time for the …

View the full article