• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Best Actress in a Supporting Role: KG or Possum Pierce?

• Moderators

Will Kevin Garnett get just one game or more for his People's Elbow on Quentin Richardson? And will his absence turn the first-round series in favor of the Heat?

As they say at Oscar-time: "For Your Consideration..."

Richardson said he was standing near Pierce to get the ball to inbound. Garnett, however, is aware of Pierce’s testy relationship with Richardson and barked at Richardson for being too close to his teammate, which triggered the pushing and shoving. Richardson said Garnett’s elbow didn’t leave a mark, but he does think the league should suspend KG.

Garnett ”is an actress and so is Paul,” Richardson said. ”I was going to take the ball out over there. That was what I was trying to do. I told our trainer Jay [sabol] that [Pierce] is cool and he’s doing what he always do, lay down like it’s a season-ending injury, then he gets up and he’s miraculously fine. He gets a breath, takes his time or whatever and he did the same thing.”

”It should be a suspension [for Garnett]. We’ll see. That’s up to the NBA. But I’ve seen things like that in the past and people get suspended. I was cool. I was going to try going at him, but with me being restrained, that’s what it was.”

http://www.hoopsnotes.com/2010/04/quentin-richardson-calls-pierce-actress/

Near game’s end, Pierce fell to the court by the Heat bench with what he called a shoulder stinger, something he’s had problems with the last month. Garnett stood over him. Richardson came in, said a few words and Garnett pushed him away.

So it began. Udonis Haslem came in Glen Davis got involved. A scrum formed. On the five-star, Knick-Heat playoff fight-meter, it was a 1 1/2. But it sets up the rest of the series as something to watch.

“I don’t like them and they know it,’’ Richardson said.

He added: ``I was trying to get over there to take the ball out of bounds, and he started talking to me, so I talked back. Nobody has no business talking to [Pierce]. He's on the ground, crying. I don't know what's going on. Two actresses over there, that's what they are.''

Heat trainer Jay Sabol was trying to help Pierce.

“I said to Jay, ‘He’s OK, because I knew nobody touched him. How did he fall? Was he taking another break like he does so many times? Sometimes he falls like he’s going to be out for the season, then he gets right up. That’s all I said."

The statuette IMO should've gone to Big Baby for starring in "Jermaine, Why You Always Clowning Fat Boys?" Not wishing (fake) injuries on anybody, but had Baby inadvertently fallen onto Pierce it would've been epic.

~lw3

Celtics are a team you have to love to hate. Pierce sustains several season-ending injuries a night and Garnett has the psuedo intensity and is a cheap shot artist that talks big but always backs down when somebody wants to test him. Plus then there's the whole thing with the Celtics fans that generally make them the most annoying fan base in the league.

• Like 1

Will Kevin Garnett get just one game or more for his People's Elbow on Quentin Richardson? And will his absence turn the first-round series in favor of the Heat?

As they say at Oscar-time: "For Your Consideration..."

http://www.hoopsnote...pierce-actress/

The statuette IMO should've gone to Big Baby for starring in "Jermaine, Why You Always Clowning Fat Boys?" Not wishing (fake) injuries on anybody, but had Baby inadvertently fallen onto Pierce it would've been epic.

~lw3

FINALY!!!! This is what NBA fans hate about the NBA. You have a grown man acting like he is dying again on the sideline. Pierce and Garnett both still need to earn their man card and they are over 30! Q just earned a ton of respect in my book!!

I'm honestly surprised that NOBODY has talked about Garnett pushing the referee. I think it shows it in the video. I remember GarNOT pushing a referee and saying, "get the F off of me" when he and Zaza got after it. This time, he puts his hands on another referee and pushes. Both hands.

The guy is a punk.

• Premium Member

I find it unreal how I went from cheering for the Celtics to win the title when they made it there because they had some good guys (or so I thought) who never had a ring and the Celtics franchise is one I always respect.

Now? I can't stand them. And this is not just from our rivalry with them. The way they carry themselves is just laughable. I mean Paul Pierce ALONE is enough to make me revile a team. Then you add KG's faux "intensity" and "bad boy" attitude with some bum like Sheed and its just comical. Didn't Paul Pierce for real get stabbed like 10 times a few years back and they thought he was going to lose his career? Here look at this:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/basketba/skn/fs11.htm

This guy was almost killed 10 years ago by being stabbed in the face and back. And yet he seems to fall to the ground screaming in agony at anything now. He faked that injury to being put in a freaking wheelchair to returning to the game in the Finals and here he was again acting like he was being shot at by a sniper against the Heat and then he just pops up and goes back in.

I don't understand it. It not only makes him look like the world's biggest, well, mangina it has to kill his cred with his own team. I mean how do you take someone like that seriously?

• Like 1

I'm honestly surprised that NOBODY has talked about Garnett pushing the referee. I think it shows it in the video. I remember GarNOT pushing a referee and saying, "get the F off of me" when he and Zaza got after it. This time, he puts his hands on another referee and pushes. Both hands.

The guy is a punk.

Its just a shame the NBA flipflops their stance on things like this so often. When it was the Suns and Spurs? Suspensions. Hawks and Celtics (before they won anything)? No Suspensions. Heat and Celtics (having gotten their rings)? Suspensions. Something fishy about the fickle nature of the NBA, oh thats right its run by David Stern.