• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Marquis Teague - Jeff Teague's Younger Brother- Latest to Committ to UK

AHF

• Moderators
Marquis Teague, the nation's No. 4 junior, became the latest wunderkind turned Wildcat when he announced his commitment on Thursday. The playmaking point guard picked Kentucky over a list of suitors that included Louisville, Indiana, Cincinnati and Purdue.

Jeff's younger brother (rated the top PG and #2-4 player in the 2011 class) has joined Michael Gilchrist (the consensus #1 2011 player) in committing to Kentucky today. This follows Gatorade 2010 HS POY Brandon Knight who committed earlier this week on the same day as Gilchrist. It is a verbal commitment since 2011 players can't sign a LOI until November.

show.jpg

Teague looks a bit like his brother, too!

I am thrilled to root for a second Teague as of today. Welcome to UK, Marquis!

Edited by AHF

• Moderators

Spurned Louisville in the last couple weeks after a visit from Calipari...

INDIANAPOLIS — Kentucky continued to add to John Calipari’s streak of recruiting the nation’s most highly rated point guard Thursday when Marquis Teague committed to the Cats.

Calipari had sought to get a commitment from the best available point guard for a fifth straight year. He had signed, in order, Derrick Rose, Tyreke Evans, John Wall and Brandon Knight in the last four recruiting years. Recruiting analysts generally consider Teague as the best point guard in the high school class of 2011.

Definitely, said Jerry Meyer, an analyst for the Rivals.com recruiting service. He’s working himself into the same category of the other great point guards. Meyer likened Teague to Rose or Wall in terms of ball handling, speed, court vision and ability to finish plays at the basket.

And he’s a pretty good jump shooter, the Rivals.com analyst said.

Teague, whose brother Jeff starred for Wake Forest before leaving for the NBA’s Atlanta Hawks as an underclassman, rates ahead of his older sibling, according to analyst Brick Oettinger of the Prep Stars recruiting service.

Jeff was very good, Oettinger said before adding of Marquis, “Wherever he goes, you have to like him.”

Teague, who will be a senior at Pike High in Indianapolis this fall, reminded Meyer of another former Wake Forest point guard, Chris Paul.

“He has that size,” Meyer said. “He takes contact. He’s a great — I mean tremendous — ball handler. And he has a tremendous burst to the basket.”

Kentucky had been locked in a recruiting battle with Louisville for Teague. The Cats hoped to add Teague to a 2011 recruiting class that already includes the highly regarded wing Michael Gilchrist.

The possibility of a recruiting class headed by Gilchrist and Teague had recruiting analysts reaching for flowery tributes to throw at Kentucky.

“Well, that’d be a pretty good start when you start with the No. 1 (Gilchrist) and No. 2 (Teague) players in the class,” Meyer said. “That would only drive more top-flight talent to Kentucky.”

Added Oettinger with a laugh, “I’d say that’s going to be the best class in the country.”

kentucky.com link

Edited by lethalweapon3

• Moderators

lol

I'm tellin ya, it's totally not my day posting-wise. Thank goodness for Mods!

~lw3

Our posts were one minute apart! We were probably writing them at the same time.

Edited by AHF