• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Scoop Jackson Big Article on Jamal Crawford

AHF

• Moderators
Jamal Crawford told me something once.

He said: "This is my year. There comes a point where no matter what the reason is -- coaches, me, whatever -- [if you are not producing] after three or four years in the league, you are about to be shopped around, start traveling, moving to different teams, about to be labeled a role player. So that's why & right now & I gotta do this."

The Hawks need Crawford to rediscover his regular-season shooting eye.

That was in 2004, just before he started the moving, his time in Chicago winding down before the bids in New York and the Bay (Golden State) that almost turned his career into collateral damage. And it was long before now, when his Atlanta Hawks are facing elimination in a first-round playoff series, down to Milwaukee three games to two, and all eyes are on him to save them.

His Hawks? Yes. Joe Johnson is the leader of this team, but Crawford, the recently crowned NBA Sixth Man of The Year, is the player the Hawks brought to Atlanta specifically to get them over this hump, to get them into the Eastern Conference finals and, ultimately, The Finals.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/commentary/news/story?page=jackson/100430

Play smart basketball Jamal. None of that wild ish. Just play smart.

If you have an open jumper . . take it.

If you've missed 3 long jumpers in a row . . get as close to the rim as possible and leave the 3 point shot alone.

Don't dribble into double teams.

If you have to be a playmaker for a short stretch, go ahead and do that.

All I know, is that you were 1 - 10 FG in the 2nd half of that game on Wednesday night. All I know, is that Jennings, a rookie, is having a much better playoff series than you are. All I know, is that you have underachieved more than ANY HAWK in this series.

So personally, I'm not interested in seeing any fluff articles on your supposed arrival, when you're FLAT OUT SELLING US OUT IN THIS PLAYOFF SERIES. It's time to show and prove . . not talk about what you're going to do or have to do.

The way you're playing in this series, is why I've ALWAYS HATED YOU AS A PLAYER, and didn't want you here in the first place. You have been the ultimate piece of "fools gold" the NBA has seen in the past 20 years. That's why no playoff caliber team last offseason wanted to trade for you.

The "tricky dribbles" . . the 4 point plays . . the lucky out of control jumpshots . . . that's all well and good for fans that like flash. But I appreciate SUBSTANCE. Give me some SUBSTANCE Jamal.

So I'm not interested in how you're the "Golden Child", if you're going to shoot 33% in the playoffs. I'm not worried about seeing how you're possibly overtaking Josh Smith in popularity. (( BLEEP )) popularity. JUST SHOW FRIGGIN UP!!

I respect Scoop Jackson as a writer. He's usually on point with what he says. But I think he's writing this simply because he's cool with Jamal. With all of the heat that Woody and JJ and Smoove are taking these days . . . it's been JAMAL CRAWFORD that has flat out played like CRAP.

No talk man. JUST SHOW THE HELL UP TONIGHT !!

Edited by northcyde

• Moderators

It seems like Scoop had this fluff piece written before the playoffs started and then had to insert something about Crawford's struggles because the article would normally be along the lines of "is this the reason Jamal was never in the playoffs before?" rather than "he has arrived!" given the struggles he has had this series.

For the year versus playoffs Jamal is:

31 minutes v. 30 minutes

18 points v. 13 points

14 FGA v. 13 FGA

.573 TS% v. .449 TS%

18.4 PER v. 10 PER

.143 WS/48 v. -.022 WS/48

It seems like Scoop had this fluff piece written before the playoffs started and then had to insert something about Crawford's struggles because the article would normally be along the lines of "is this the reason Jamal was never in the playoffs before?" rather than "he has arrived!" given the struggles he has had this series.

For the year versus playoffs Jamal is:

31 minutes v. 30 minutes

18 points v. 13 points

14 FGA v. 13 FGA

.573 TS% v. .449 TS%

18.4 PER v. 10 PER

.143 WS/48 v. -.022 WS/48

Wow @ those numbers. Unacceptable.