• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Another JJ FA rumor...this one with Heat

coachx

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/66517/20100511/heat_johnson_have_mutual_interest/

JJ has said good things about the Bulls, Knicks, & Heat. Show me the money !

The Heat will target Bosh and James before JJ.

The Heat is a scary destination for Hawks fans...........not only will JJ be locked in with a division rival for 5 years.........the Heat will not S & T with us. They hardly have anyone singed for next year besides Beasley. If Miami is indeed JJ's destination the Hawks will be left high and dry with nothing.

Edited by coachx

Interesting quotes by Joe.

``We've made nice jumps,'' Johnson said. ``I just think a few more pieces need to be added to be an elite team, a championship team. We definitely need help.''

and this.

`I played that role already,'' said Johnson, expected to also receive interest from Chicago, New York and New Jersey. ``It doesn't matter. You can still make your stamp on the game. I could care less about being the one or two guy. I just want to win.'

You can add your own emphasis. I have always doubted that Joe is strictly driven by money and ego, when those things were evident he was just a young player in the league trying to make his mark. When asked in another article whether he would return if money was not an option he was noncommittal. These things are adding up to me believing that he is not just greedy but also tired of having to carry a team. I doubt he takes a deep discount but he's not fishing for full max either, his decision to sign with any team will be dependent on who else they sign or what else they do.

Interesting quotes by Joe.

and this.

You can add your own emphasis. I have always doubted that Joe is strictly driven by money and ego, when those things were evident he was just a young player in the league trying to make his mark. When asked in another article whether he would return if money was not an option he was noncommittal. These things are adding up to me believing that he is not just greedy but also tired of having to carry a team. I doubt he takes a deep discount but he's not fishing for full max either, his decision to sign with any team will be dependent on who else they sign or what else they do.

So do you see Joe signing with us if we keep the team as is?

I think that he would be a heck of a 2 option. He would still be an all star and could carry a team if someone is off. I think he is looking hard at the Bulls and the maybe the heat. I dont think that the knicks are players at all unles he goes there with someone else. I think he would stay here with a new coach and some more help

• Premium Member

I don't even think he would stay if the full 10 year+ max of 30million was offered to him if it still meant he would be surrounded by Mo, Mario and Joe Smith.

Sounds like this is not a money matter, but a personnel Matter.

We need to see what we can get for Marvin, Bibby and Mo.

Sounds like this is not a money matter, but a personnel Matter.

We need to see what we can get for Marvin, Bibby and Mo.

I would be shocked if we can get anything for Marvin or Bibby without attaching a desirable asset.

The only thing that makes Mo tradeable is his expiring $2 mill contract.

No need in hoping we actualluy get anything of value for Marvin or Bibby considering Bibby has 2 years left on his deal and Marvin has 3 years left on his. The only way we get rid of one is if we attach 1 of them to an asset that some teams might want, such as Josh Smith.

Edited by coachx

• Premium Member

I would be shocked if we can get anything for Marvin or Bibby without attaching a desirable asset.

The only thing that makes Mo tradeable is his expiring $2 mill contract.

No need in hoping we actualluy get anything of value for Marvin or Bibby considering Bibby has 2 years left on his deal and Marvin has 3 years left on his. The only way we get rid of one is if we attach 1 of them to an asset that some teams might want, such as Josh Smith.

There's always a ram in the bush. There's always a player who is disgruntle and who's team wants to let them go. Usually a good player.

Who knows, maybe Washington will be more willing to give up Arenas.

Or maybe LAC wants to do away with BDiddy.