Mike Woodson = Mike Brown

Antmillennium

The head coaches are the biggest problems with the Hawks and the Cavs. I thoroughly enjoyed watching the Cavs lose because they have a liability on the bench. Why did I enjoy it? Because at least we're not the only team with a coach that is clearly holding the team back. When you watch the offense of these two teams, they are almost identical. The offenses are terrible. The other night, Charles Barkley said that it's very frustrating watching the Cavs' offense because it's just like watching the Hawks' offense. Hubie Brown laid out perfectly what's wrong with both of these teams. You can't come into the playoffs with a simplistic offensive gameplan. That simplistic gameplan may have worked in the regular season, but it simply will not work in the playoffs. Woodson and Brown are not smart enough to realize that. Neither of these teams will reach their potential until they get head coaches that have a clue about offense. The Cavs have either the best or 2nd best player in the league. They still lost in disappointing fashion. Being that Mike Woodson and Mike Brown are mirror images of each other, then that just proves that the Hawks practically have no shot at achieving great things if Mike Woodson is retained as the coach. A coaching change MUST be made. I'm not a big fan of Joe Johnson anymore, but I'm also not against keeping him because we really can't get anybody else to replace him due to the salary cap. However, I am COMPLETELY against bringing Mike Woodson back. If Sund brings back Mike Woodson, then we have already lost before the race has even begun.

Edited by Antmillennium

• Moderators

Both lay way too much emphasis on the relevance of (a) the regular season, and (b) playing inspired bball at home, instead of installing strategies on both ends of the floor capable of adaptation come playoff time. This mindset only helped Mike Brown last year in the semis because he was coaching against Mike Woodson.

~lw3

couldnt agree more with this post. If the cavs cant win running a similar offense like ours (isoloation every play) then we suely can win with that offense come post season. We NEED a new COACH! i like woody myself but he has taken us as far as he can with his strategy!

couldnt agree more with this post. If the cavs cant win running a similar offense like ours (isoloation every play) then we suely can win with that offense come post season. We NEED a new COACH! i like woody myself but he has taken us as far as he can with his strategy!

Well, it appears that our prayers have been answered!!!!! :thumbsupsmileyanim: