• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Getting JVG or any other "big name" coach is unrealistic

NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member

Hawks ownership will not spend the money. I'm not sure but I would bet my life that Woody wasn't making a dollar over $2M. Do you guys honesty think this ownership group is ready to spend $4-5M on a coach? Not happening. Prepare yourselves for the hawks to hire some unknown assistant coach.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

Wasnt JVG a defense only coach on those 80 point per game Knick teams? He failed big time in Houston right? Why would we pay him anything signifigant or even want him to caoch this team?

• Premium Member

Wasnt JVG a defense only coach on those 80 point per game Knick teams? He failed big time in Houston right? Why would we pay him anything signifigant or even want him to caoch this team?

i have no idea why this name keeps coming up. I mean hasn't he already been fired twice? Must not be all that good if he keeps getting fired. Same with Byron Scott.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

i have no idea why this name keeps coming up. I mean hasn't he already been fired twice? Must not be all that good if he keeps getting fired. Same with Byron Scott.

Well its one of two things, #1. He is a popualr analyst so people see and hear him alot like Hubie Brown and Mark Jackson. #2. They still remember the run to the nba finals from the 8th seed in 1999 when the league and especially the east was horrible.

Hawks ownership will not spend the money. I'm not sure but I would bet my life that Woody wasn't making a dollar over $2M. Do you guys honesty think this ownership group is ready to spend $4-5M on a coach? Not happening. Prepare yourselves for the hawks to hire some unknown assistant coach.

I disagree. I think Gearon knows we have talent and we just need a good coach to put it all together. The reason we hired Woody was because we had no talent whatsoever. But when you have a team like we have, I think Gearon understands he needs to go big on a good coach. I'm sure a lot of coaches are intrigued by our situation as well. I think a lot of coaches might look at our team and think they can do a lotta good things with our roster.

I disagree. I think Gearon knows we have talent and we just need a good coach to put it all together. The reason we hired Woody was because we had no talent whatsoever. But when you have a team like we have, I think Gearon understands he needs to go big on a good coach. I'm sure a lot of coaches are intrigued by our situation as well. I think a lot of coaches might look at our team and think they can do a lotta good things with our roster.

I agree with this too. Why would they try to keep JJ, but hire a crappy coach? If it was about money they would not even care about trying to sign JJ back.

That's what i've been saying about Mike Fratello.......but people keep bringing him up.