• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

My offseason plan

Sothron

• Premium Member

Hire Fratello or Ty Corbin as head coach.

Here's where the scenarios differ:

Scenario A:

We resign Joe and trade Marvin/1st rounder for Harris. We sign Mike Miller to the MLE and bring Chill back. We bring Joe Smith back on the cheap to play backup PF. We have a team that has a terrific penetrating PG and two shooters on the court in Joe and Miller. Miller is what Marvin should have been: a quiet, unselfish guy who puts up 11-16 ppg 5-7 reb and 4-6 assists. He does a ton of good things on the court. I have us signing Miller to the MLE in every scenario.

Our lineup:

Harris/Teague/Bibby

JJ/Crawford

Miller/Chill

Smoove/Joe Smith

Horford/Zaza

Scenario B:

We can't keep Joe because he signed elsewhere. We trade Marvin/1st round for Harris. We sign Mike Miller to the MLE and bring Chill back. The difference here is this: Crawford now starts.

Harris/Teague/Bibby

Crawford/Miller

Miller/Chill

Smoove/Joe Smith

Horford/Zaza

In both cases we purge our roster of a complete dead spot in Marvin and we significantly upgrade the starting point guard position. We have a team that can post up, run and function in the half court because we have dribble drive penetration and we have at all times at least two good to great shooters to space the floor and hit open shots. Defensively we're better because Miller IMO is a better defender than Marvin and Harris is a huge upgrade in perimeter defense over broken down Bibby and a young Teague.

1. I like Head coach choices... It just depends on the direction that ownership/management takes...

2. I'd love to get Harris, as he would most definitely maximize potentials of our athletic frontcourt. Plus, it would be a first step towards creating different offensive strategy. I mean, just imagine Smoove and Horf with Harris runnin' the show... put two more shooters around on the perimeter and there you go!

3. One of those shooters is Miller (great choice)! I must agree and say that he would fit in very well, especially if part 2. (Harris) works.

4. Somehow, I just don't see us getting Chilldress back... I hope I'm wrong...

5. Negative aspects overall (not just this plan):

We need to re-sign JJ if we want to stay the course, we need to add pieces, not subtract. JJ would also work well with Harris around, as he would play a different role, more suited to him, without all the pressure. Not to mention ball-handleing and defending oppositions PG's.

And finally, I have to agree with coachx... I don't think Nets would give Harris for Marvin and #24! The thing is that if the Nets want to atract big name free agent, they will need Harris! Nobody (LBJ, Bosh, Amare) wants to play without a proven PG who can run the show!

Just because you work under Sloan, doesn't make you Sloan. Fratello is safer. Does he still have the energy?

JJ is the guy to get us Harris. Need a third team that wants JJ and has some young talent. JJ could get us Harris and a solid young wing.

I'd love to get Harris, but really wonder if NJ does that deal. What if we just did everything else you proposed, but started Teague. He's a driving, penetrating PG. Can you imagine him driving and kicking out ot Miller, Johnson, or Crawford for 3's? Put Childress, Horford, and Smith in there cutting to the basket!

Teague/Bibby

Johnson/Crawford

Miller/Williams/Childress?

Smith/Smith

Horford/Pachulia

This scenario gives you a solid 11 man rotation to work with. If you can move Marvin's contract or S&T Childress for something productive, you do it.