• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Well the Celtics did what Woody would tell them to do, DEFEND and REBOUND

NJHAWK

Now I know its easier for the C's to rebound because they have more quality bigs but how come the Magic didnt look like they were shooting practice 3's in warmups vs Boston like they did vs our guys? Maybe because quite a few of our players :white flag:

Edited by NJHAWK

• Premium Member

Now I know its easier for the C's to rebound because they have more quality bigs but how come the Magic didnt look like they were shooting practice 3's in warmups vs Boston like they did vs our guys? Maybe because quite a few of our players :white flag:

Hammer hits nail!

It's all mental men.

I see all of us on here get really pissed when we see our team get killed like they did in the Magic game. This is because we see how good the guys are but the mental part we can't see as well. This is what separates the great players from just the good players.

I think MJ said it best after winning his 6th championship. The game is 90% mental 10% physical. This is the one thing we all can see with Smoove. Once he grows and (hopefully) gets the mental part to this game he is going to kill on the court.

We didn't believe we (well, most of the team) could stop the Magic.

Well its looks like Boston doesn't think like we do. That is why I made a point during the season that all the very good teams have a high avg of age. The older you get the wiser you get from your mistakes in Basketball. It's where that mental meets the physical at the right time. That is what we see with Boston. Soon that physical part will no longer be able to hold up it's part and they will start to fall but right now you can see that there is not team that puts fear in them.

. lol :biggrin:

Edited by Brotha2ThaNite

Not only because of our players, but because we didn't have anybody to guard Dwight one on one and the Cs got Big Baby, and Perkins. They were allowed to guard the perimeter shot as a result of this....

As for our players...the Cs have a very solid defense and play hard. We do not. Simple.

Watching that game reminded me why we needed to get rid of Woody.

HIs defensive philosophy is a horrible matchup vs Orlando. He believes in help defense which makes us get destroyed by the 3 pointer and even when we help defense Howard still can get his points.

If we just say let Howard get/earn his one on one and just defend the perimeter we would have at least made those games competitive if not won a few.

We acted like Dwight Howard could score points like a prime Shaq in th post. And even if he could, it still is better making them one dimensional than giving them all those freaking 3s

• Premium Member

It's all mental men.

I see all of us on here get really pissed when we see our team get killed like they did in the Magic game. This is because we see how good the guys are but the mental part we can't see as well. This is what separates the great players from just the good players.

I think MJ said it best after winning his 6th championship. The game is 90% mental 10% physical. This is the one thing we all can see with Smoove. Once he grows and (hopefully) gets the mental part to this game he is going to kill on the court.

We didn't believe we (well, most of the team) could stop the Magic.

Well its looks like Boston doesn't think like we do. That is why I made a point during the season that all the very good teams have a high avg of age. The older you get the wiser you get from your mistakes in Basketball. It's where that mental meets the physical at the right time. That is what we see with Boston. Soon that physical part will no longer be able to hold up it's part and they will start to fall but right now you can see that there is not team that puts fear in them.

. lol :biggrin:

You know you bring up a very interesting point that goes missed but this season bears it out. The mental part of basketball and it's importance.

MJ became a wizard at the mental part of basketball.

Bird and Magic excelled at the mental part of basketball.

Right now, we're seeing the big three execute teams because of the mental part of basketball. KG developed this mental awareness from all those years in Minny. You remember 22, 12, and 6... Those are great numbers, but KG suffered loss after loss in the playoffs. Now when he goes to the playoffs, he appreciates being there and he knows that he's there to win a championship. Allen is the same way in Seattle. MJ got his mental preparation from more than just Dean Smith, but he got his from going against the Celtics and the Pistons. Any time you are singled out by a defense and you lose, it forces you to go back tot he drawing board and either better yourself or quit. MJ had the wherewithal to better himself everytime until he was a beast on the court. It was like one year, the pistons were beating him in the playoffs, the next year, no mas...

I looked at the weight placed on Lebron. Magic called him the best basketball player in the game. That's too much weight. Lebron has been handed everything. He hadn't had his opportunity to work through. And even when he has lost, he always blamed his team. There's no growth in that. Lebron didn't have what it takes to play this mental game. You can see that by the way he carried himself. The dancing, picture taking, buffoonery, that goes on on the sideline, the way that he has these fake press conferences. Lebron needed some adversity and the Celtics were the right group to bring it. Now the Celtics also know how to push Howard's buttons. They play him physical, push him out of his spot, and they know that's enough to frustrate him. Compared to the Celtics, we are babies.

I think the reason why we bother the Celtics so much is because we don't have one guy to focus on. They've stepped up to stop Joe before. For us, it didn't mean much. Joe crucifies Allen and our transition game is a problem for the Celtics. Add to that Crawford and we give them fits. They don't have the wings to play with us.