• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Should the NBA have a hard cap?

Wurider05

• Premium Member

3 things I think the NBA should do:

1 - Do away with guaranteed contracts: Speedy Claxton and Starbury are perfect examples of why this should be done.

2 - Institute a hard cap like the NFL and NHL: I would also like to see salaries capped at $10M per. No player is worth $25M per year.

3 - Do away with the draft (all sports) : doesn't seem right that the team gets to pick the player.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

I don't get people who think that guaranteed contracts should be illegal. If a team wants to guarantee a player more money in order to make their offer seem better I can't for the life of me see why the league should prohibit it. In the world of non-guaranteed contracts the only incentive to get players to sign anything more than a 1 year contract is to give them a massive signing bonus- but that means if they get cut then they would be allowed to sign their next contract with a massive signing bonus.

Definitely teams should use better judgement on who to give longterm guaranteed contracts to but I think it would be ridiculous to make them illegal.