• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Can Jamal Negotiate a Contract Extension?

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

If so, do the Hawks have to wait until Joe's situation is resolved (at least July 1) before making an offer?

It would seem that if they're interested in maintaining the reigning 6th Man of the Year through next season, the Hawks would want to try to agree on the price and terms BEFORE the possible event where Craw becomes a starting SG by necessity, thereby increasing his value.

~lw3

If we are going to re-sign him wait until after this season. Right now he would be in position to demand more money than he is worth from the Hawks. Wait a year and see if his asking price goes down. Right now I would say he might ask for $9 mil per over 3-5 years.

• Like 1

He will be 31 by the end of his current contract, has had one season where his production has resulted in wins, and it remains to be seen how he will either perform as a starter or continue his role as 6th man. I would say the team definitely holds off on any extension talks especially considering he is worth even more now as a large expiring contract than being the reigning 6th man of the year.

• Like 1

If so, do the Hawks have to wait until Joe's situation is resolved (at least July 1) before making an offer?

It would seem that if they're interested in maintaining the reigning 6th Man of the Year through next season, the Hawks would want to try to agree on the price and terms BEFORE the possible event where Craw becomes a starting SG by necessity, thereby increasing his value.

~lw3

I doubt he would resign right now we dont even have a coach and I dont think Craws ever been a free agent . He will probably want to hit free agency and choose a team to try and finish out his career with.

• Like 1