• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

A different take on Drew.

Diesel

• Premium Member

We have talked about Money. I believe Money plays a role.

But what about Time?

Think about this. Drew coaches the Hawks 2010-2011. Doc Rivers goes home either this year or when his contract is up next year.

To make it plain, Doc Rivers will be the next coach of the Atlanta Hawks.

This is like a waiting move in chess. Since we are waiting for Doc to get his situation straight, we give Drew his chance to do his thing. In the meanwhile, ASG prolly runs the team on the cheap and get rid of some bad contracts (Marvin). Doc takes over with Horf, prolly Smoove (or whatever we get for Smoove), and several Million Dollars. We prolly let Sund draft some studs. I would not be surprised to see us trade players for draftpicks and rebuild and give Doc a coronation either in 2011-2012 or 2012-2013 season.

But what about Time?

Think about this. Drew coaches the Hawks 2010-2011. Doc Rivers goes home either this year or when his contract is up next year.

This is like a waiting move in chess. Since we are waiting for Doc to get his situation straight, we give Drew his chance to do his thing. In the meanwhile, ASG prolly runs the team on the cheap and get rid of some bad contracts (Marvin). Doc takes over with Horf, prolly Smoove (or whatever we get for Smoove), and several Million Dollars. We prolly let Sund draft some studs. I would not be surprised to see us trade players for draftpicks and rebuild and give Doc a coronation either in 2011-2012 or 2012-2013 season.

I said the same thing in another thread earlier today :saythat:

But what about Time?

Magic players are sick of SVG. Doc will coach them.

• Premium Member

Magic players are sick of SVG. Doc will coach them.

That's very doubtful....

He may live there and it's convenient... but... this is why he won't.

Orlando Magic fire coach Doc Rivers

Replace Rivers with assistant coach Johnny Davis

Orlando Magic Chief Operating Officer John Weisbrod announced tonight that Doc Rivers has been dismissed from his position as head coach of the Orlando Magic. Johnny Davis has been named head coach, effective immediately. In addition, the Magic have released assistant coach Dave Wohl.

“We work in a bottom line business,” said Weisbrod. “After a 1-10 start, it is our responsibility to do everything possible to create the best opportunity for success. We are thankful to Doc and are certain he will use this first experience on the bench to become a successful head coach.

“Johnny is an experienced leader,” added Weisbrod. “He is a solid teacher and prides himself on developing talent. We want to give him the opportunity to provide the new voice and direction that our team needs.”

Added General Manager John Gabriel, “With this move there is no less work or responsibility in store for any of us. We will continue to do everything possible to make this team better.”

Read more: http://www.insidehoops.com/rivers-fired-111803.shtml#ixzz0qg2xSKdV

That's a hard taste to get out of your mouth. It obviously wasn't Doc's fault that they sucked.

That's very doubtful....

He may live there and it's convenient... but... this is why he won't.

That's a hard taste to get out of your mouth. It obviously wasn't Doc's fault that they sucked.

Well, John Weisbrod was run out of town right after they ran Jonny Davis. Gabriel is gone too. Sure some crow is due, but Doc has to be in their radar. Question is how much satisfaction will Doc need.

But what about Time?

+1

I love this post. Of one my favorite Diesel posts in a while. I agree.