• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Larry Drew is Live

AHawks89

Yup. He said he really believes that Jeff Teagues has the whole package and that he wants to see a lot of ball movement.

Yeah, I really loved the part about him saying, with JT speed he can see him breaking down the defense and getting the ball to the right man.... something like that. lol

YEAH TEAGUE IT'S YOUR TIME MAN. I really would love to say we drafted our PG insteed of going to get on in FA.

ok, i'm on the bandwagon after hearing him talk.... what is next? lol

Yeah, I really loved the part about him saying, with JT speed he can see him breaking down the defense and getting the ball to the right man.... something like that. lol

YEAH TEAGUE IT'S YOUR TIME MAN. I really would love to say we drafted our PG insteed of going to get on in FA.

ok, i'm on the bandwagon after hearing him talk.... what is next? lol

Haha yeah he seems he has a lot of trust with the players, which is really good to know.

Ok......apparently it is being reported that Drew said he will install a motion offense that we haven't seen in the NBA. Did he really say that. If he did I can't wait to see this. Oh and the first thing he said was "we have to sign Joe Johnson". 1 out of 2 isn't bad.

Al, and Za-Za were there as well, Teague maybe. not sure about anyone else though

Steak from 790 the zone was there. He asked the question about the PG. Steak said LD first couple of words were, "We must sign JJ." He said, LD said he will get Smoove off the 3pt line. He even said, Larry look at Smoove, who was there, when he made the statement.

Steak named these players as being at the PC...... Smoove, Teague, Zaza, Mo...... dang, I can't remember the others but he did not name JJ or Al.

Ok......apparently it is being reported that Drew said he will install a motion offense that we haven't seen in the NBA. Did he really say that. If he did I can't wait to see this. Oh and the first thing he said was "we have to sign Joe Johnson". 1 out of 2 isn't bad.

I told you guys. You all were thinking of the money angle thinking we just went the cheap route and thinking of all the negative of not having the big name.

The big picture was this move was about NO ISOLATION OFFENSE. With or without Joe this team would be better without that offense. What good does having Joe Johnson even do if we run that same offense that does NOT work in the post-

A coach that believes in pushing the basketball even in key situations, one that will abandong the dog house formula for a young PG, etc

This is a GREAT move.

Now some of you will be slow to come around on this move but eventually you won't have much of a choice outside of living in total denial

Edited by BusBoyIsBack

• Premium Member

Rick Sund has a funny shaped head lol, sheesh!!

Good, larry wants to take the ball out of joe's hands and keep Smoove away from the perimeter!!

lol probably has a steel reinforced headrest

yeah...I never understood why guys (esp Joe) pass to Josh while he's near the perimeter in the first place. Aren't you giving him the green light when you make that pass?

Edited by NineOhTheRino

A running team is good but lets face it in the playoffs if you can't play half court your going to lose. The Hawks may be the Phoenix Suns of the East but there comes a point when you have to have the players to matchup vs other half court teams in the playoffs. The Hawks don't have the right players to win past the first round. We can resgin JJ but until the Hawks find some tougher big men it will be the same song and dance.

lol probably has a steel reinforced headrest

yeah...I never understood why guys (esp Joe) pass to Josh while he's near the perimeter in the first place. Aren't you giving him the green light when you make that pass?

right, Glad Coach Drew knows that, and will hopefully prevent it from happening ever again