• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

With the new coaching philosophy the perfect pick would be....

Chinky_eyed_hawk

Now that we have the coaching situation resolved, and a new outlook on play calling, wouldnt the perfect draft choice be Hassan Whiteside??? A defensive center who can hit a mid-range/ outside shot and could possibly be set up for pick and pop/roll plays? With the playbook opening up again a center that could bring these skills to the table seems like a godsend. I would honestly prefer Greg Monroe as the perfect perfect candidate but there is no way we could move up that high. With that being said.... which team would be more likely to make a draft day trade...

N.O. trades the #11 pick (high enough for us to beat out teams like the raptors, rockets, or twolves who are in need of a big man) for Mo Evans. I know they are trying to clear cap space, but because of Peja's trade kicker, I cant match salaries. So maybe the #11 and Peja, for Mo and ZaZa.

Giving us a line up of

Bibby/Teague or Teague/Bibby

J.J./ Crawford

Chillz(Hopefully)/Marvin/ Peja

Smith/F.A/Draft Pick

Horford/ Whiteside/Draft Pick

or Memphis trades us the #12 for Mo Evans(giving them cap room to resign Randolph/Gasol and a player in the two positions they need g/sf) or a deal structured similar to the one I proposed for the hornets.

I usually dont propose trade ideas but just wanted to see what the thoughts were on A) moving up in the draft to get a player we def need. B) If others thought he would be worth the gamble out of the big men in a reasonable draft range. With the N.O. Peja trade, that would clear up space for the Horfod/Chillz resigning scenario.

I would prefer to try to keep the #24 but if we have to include it so be it. Just figured that if we could walk away from this draft by clearing some cap space, and walking away with a center @ 11/12 range and another servicable PF, bring Chillz over... wipe hands, pat yourself on the back.... job well done Sund. Finally a COMPLETE line up.

Thoughts...

Mo for pick #11 ?

Get the heck out a' here ! :rap:

I know I know... thats why I say the trade that includes peja would be more realistic. They are trying to clear cap space and this is a way to get a decent player back, and with ZaZa included they add help to the front court too. Add the #24 and they move down in the draft to pick a player that would demand a lower payscale. Just saying, over the last few years we have to admit that there has been some draft day trades that before they were executed, nobody would have ever thought that the teams would have accepted it.

Does anyone else think that Whiteside is a great fit for the hawks?