• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Legacy Chipper leaves will be extraordinary

Hawksquawk

• Squawkers

Chipper Jones, who may well be retiring at the end of this season, has amassed a Hall of Fame-caliber resume over 16-plus seasons, establishing himself as one of the greatest offensive third basemen in history. He's surely in the Top 5, along with Hall of Famers Mike Schmidt, Eddie Mathews, George Brett and Wade Boggs.

View the full article

• Moderators

In modern Braves history (my lifetime) its:

Hank Aaron

Bobby Cox

Phil Neikro

Chipper Jones

and you could make the case for Jones being #2 or 3. Murphy was great but his greatness was short-lived. There was a time where Jones wasn't my favorite Brave but he has done everything he could for this team. He's moved to the outfield, restructured his contract twice to bring in more talent, been not only consistent but clutch, improved defensively at third in the later part of his career, negotiated a contract extension on an elevator with a hand shake. If he's a redneck he's the classiest redneck in the world. I'm a Braves fan and what Smoltz and Glavine did for the Braves was great, but they don't come close to being the best Brave of this run. Chipper puts them both to shame because while they went out looking like 'me' guys, Chipper will go down as the ultimate 'team' guy. Mr. Brave. He'll get his statue outside of Turner Field.