• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Steven A reports Lebron and Wade could be teaming up ....

wolvetigers

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/danpatrick/blog/117601/index.html#ixzz0sBUB0t9d

Obviously rumors will continue to swirl all day long until their official contracts are signed. But what annoys me as a Hawks fan is we dont really try to compete for championships. I mean here we are after our rebuilding process with the #3 seed in the playoffs, albeit we had an average coach with poor offensive schemes, and all of sudden we are taking steps back. At some point you have to go for the title be atleast putting the pieces in place.

Here we are now...in one of the biggest free agency periods in recent memory and the Hawks are only in the discussion for resigning a player that doesnt want to be a leader but wants the money. I dont blame Joe...I actually think if we lose joe for nothing then we go back to being a 6th seed out in the first round type of team. Point being if Gearon said he would go into the Luxury threshold to get Lebron then by all means prove it....Go after him or atleast make a real effort to go for a title. I actually think Wade would be a better fit....but you get my point.

If the Hawks cant better this team this summer when all these pieces are available.....we will fall back into the inevitable rebuilding phase...when we should be reloading for a title run.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/danpatrick/blog/117601/index.html#ixzz0sBUB0t9d

Obviously rumors will continue to swirl all day long until their official contracts are signed. But what annoys me as a Hawks fan is we dont really try to compete for championships. I mean here we are after our rebuilding process with the #3 seed in the playoffs, albeit we had an average coach with poor offensive schemes, and all of sudden we are taking steps back. At some point you have to go for the title be atleast putting the pieces in place.

Here we are now...in one of the biggest free agency periods in recent memory and the Hawks are only in the discussion for resigning a player that doesnt want to be a leader but wants the money. I dont blame Joe...I actually think if we lose joe for nothing then we go back to being a 6th seed out in the first round type of team. Point being if Gearon said he would go into the Luxury threshold to get Lebron then by all means prove it....Go after him or atleast make a real effort to go for a title. I actually think Wade would be a better fit....but you get my point.

If the Hawks cant better this team this summer when all these pieces are available.....we will fall back into the inevitable rebuilding phase...when we should be reloading for a title run.

So true! an Im wit you on the part when you said if Gearon is willing to go over the luxary tax for LBJ than he should prove it and do so! In other words we should be becoming a title runner and not a rebuilding team again! the team has been rebuilt we have been to the playoffs. The ASG needs to make some serious decisions or we are not more than a 6th or 7th seed come next year!

I agree with you guys, except for 2 minor details ...

1. We don't have the money to sign Lebron or Wade or any other teams max level FA. Our best option is to re-sign our best player or use him in a S&T to get something else of value. I suspect we'll be doing a S&T with him and through that means we'll hopefully improve our team by making it more balanced.

2. Being over the cap we could try and trade for Lebron or Wade or Bosh but those players would have to agree to play in Atlanta and their current team would have to agree to make a trade with us and since those are all eastern conference teams I see little to no chance of that happening.

1. We don't have the money to sign Lebron or Wade or any other teams max level FA. Our best option is to re-sign our best player or use him in a S&T to get something else of value. I suspect we'll be doing a S&T with him and through that means we'll hopefully improve our team by making it more balanced.

2. Being over the cap we could try and trade for Lebron or Wade or Bosh but those players would have to agree to play in Atlanta and their current team would have to agree to make a trade with us and since those are all eastern conference teams I see little to no chance of that happening.

like wade likes us atlanta fans

My question would be why not? If we do a S&T with JJ it could be with Chi, Mia or NY. So, if we will do one with them. Why would their team not do one with us? We do have some good young players.

Why doesn't Wade and James on the same team seem scary to me ?

That just seems like putting stars together just for the sake of putting stars together. I don't think either player is particularly good off the ball. Wade is not that great of a jumpshooter, and LeBron can be streaky himself.