• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Heat's Roster (Reserves?)

PaceRam

Is it just my imagination or is it starting to sound like the Miami Heat's reserves are going to be much better than some originally anticipated? Seems like after the Heat agreed to terms with Lebron that a lot of fans thought they wouldn't have any cap space to sign any quality Reserve/Bench players but it is beginning to appear to me that many players (Mike Miller, Haslem, possibly Shaq, etc) are willing to sign with the Heat at a lower salary so they can have the opportunity to play with the DREAM TEAM (James, Wade & Bosh) and to win multiple NBA Championships (which, I hope doesn't happen but on paper this team sure will be tough to beat!). I think the Hawks currently have a good team but I do think they will need to add a couple of players before next season if they want to compete with Miami and Orlando.

People just have no faith in or are blindly ignorant of Pat Riley's abilities. I mean his resume speaks for itself and he only managed to sign not one but three of the top free agents, how hard could it be for him to fill out the rest of an NBA roster?

People just have no faith in or are blindly ignorant of Pat Riley's abilities. I mean his resume speaks for itself and he only managed to sign not one but three of the top free agents, how hard could it be for him to fill out the rest of an NBA roster?

Pat has done an unbelievable job. Mike Miller is official. Derrick Fisher meets with him today. Matt Barnes is now in talks with them as is Illgauskas. They aren't as talented as Marvin, Bibby, etc BUT these are very good glue guys who will make them a contender assuming they find some quality bigs to deal with KG, JO, Horf, D12 etc.

The sign and trades give them the ability to regain their MLE and LLE.... so they could use those for signings.

Many of these players are going to be pretty upset when they find out, next JUNE, that they have no RING to PAWN cause they took these pay cuts.....

GO HAWKS!!!!!

The sign and trades give them the ability to regain their MLE and LLE.... so they could use those for signings.

Many of these players are going to be pretty upset when they find out, next JUNE, that they have no RING to PAWN cause they took these pay cuts.....

GO HAWKS!!!!!

They lost out on the MLE and LLE when they were under the cap as of July 1st no way they can get them back this year .

The trade of Beasley opened up around 5 million so they could sign Miller and they still have Haslems Bird rights so they can go over the cap to sign him . Everyone else will be signed for the minimum or vets minimum.

They lost out on the MLE and LLE when they were under the cap as of July 1st no way they can get them back this year .

The trade of Beasley opened up around 5 million so they could sign Miller and they still have Haslems Bird rights so they can go over the cap to sign him . Everyone else will be signed for the minimum or vets minimum.

With Miller they have the ability to stretch the floor, Haslem is for Defense. That along with Mario Chalmers, top 15 PG, that's six. You get an athletic 6'11" defensive Center and that's it. You can foul and hack Howard all day as he can't make free throws and gets into foul trouble. As far as the Celtics, I think that KG and Perkins would reek havoc but when it was CLEAR that KG would own Gasol, he didn't take advantage of it. So I don't think the Celtics can spank them either. The biggest and clear threat is the Lakers but Kobe is still a year older and Bynum injury prone.

This is what I was trying to tell people. Miami will have no problem whatsoever filling out that bench with vets who know how to play. People quickly forget that Flip Murray was basically a vet minimum guy. All the Heat need to acquire, are speecialty type players that do ONE thing particularly well.

He could be simply a shooter . . or a rebounder . . or an on the ball defender . . or a shot blocker . . or any type of skill.

As long as the 3 stars stay relatively healthy, they're going to be a good team. A REAL GOOD TEAM.

They may not win it all, but they'll be right there.

Make no mistake . . the Hawks WILL have to worry big time about this team.

• Premium Member

It appears that Miller and Haslem are splitting what's left of their cap space (probably 5 years, $25M apiece).

Chalmers

Wade/Miller

LeBron

Bosh/Haslem

Anthony

Draft picks: Butler, Varnado, Pittman

Rights: Beverly

They'll have no trouble filling out the 1-4 positions. Finding a starting center will be their only concern, something they'll address next year with the MLE, for sure. It's gonna be a long six years, guys.

No, they still have the MLE and LLE. A team doesn't lose the MLE or LLE by being under the cap. Only teams that are too much under the cap lose the MLE. And that is the thing: as Miami still hasn't renounced the rights to Haslem, etc. they are not officially under the cap anyways.

What happens is that if a team signs a player for cap space, they can't use the MLE that season. But since Bosh and Lebron are sign and trades, they did not use their caps to sign them.

More info here:

http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm#Q20

This is why they say in NBA trades that the team that got the best player in the deal usually comes out on top. You can round out your roster with vet min guys. Anyone who thought the Heat would be screwed after using all of their cap on 3 players was fooling themselves. Everyone was going to line up to play for this team the second the big 3 signed.