• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

(rest of) Hawks Offseason

Duzit

Hola Lasses and Lads! Duzit's here with a fresh take on the potential, and reasonable signings that the Hawks can do to round out this offseason. So let's get down to business...

Possible Signings:

1. Matt Barnes- Matt is a fierce defensive player, albeit a bit of a hothead. But he's a great spot-up shooter and a big spark off the bench. If we keep Marvin, Barnes will push him for PT.

2. Al Harrington- Been there done that, yes, but Al is a versatile player that has the ability to score at will. Bringing him in allows Marvin to be a bit more expendable, as we will be able to move Harrington to the 3.

3. Johan Petro- If we're going to get a big it's NOT going to be Shaq. I'd like to see Shaq here, but he just wont fit. Petro is young, mobile, and no physical scrub.

Possible Trade Pieces

1. Marvin Williams- Marvin is just not getting it done. Unless he has a miraculous turnaround/coming-of-age he should be out of here.

2. Mike Bibby- Bibby's getting up there in age. He still provides leadership and knowledge of the game.

What I'd Do

Sign Al Harrington and Johan Petro. Both Have size and can run the floor. Marvin can come off the bench. If he doesnt like it then trade him.

New Line-up

1. Teague/Bibby

2. JJ/JC/JC

3. Harrington/Marvin

4. Smoove/Harrington

5. Horford/Petro

We can bring in some fillers from the summer league to fill out the roster. I'd go with James Augustine (another versatile big), and Landon Milbourne. We'd have a deep team built for scoring. All the players have size to match up as well.

Thoughts?

Hola Lasses and Lads! Duzit's here with a fresh take on the potential, and reasonable signings that the Hawks can do to round out this offseason. So let's get down to business...

Possible Signings:

1. Matt Barnes- Matt is a fierce defensive player, albeit a bit of a hothead. But he's a great spot-up shooter and a big spark off the bench. If we keep Marvin, Barnes will push him for PT.

2. Al Harrington- Been there done that, yes, but Al is a versatile player that has the ability to score at will. Bringing him in allows Marvin to be a bit more expendable, as we will be able to move Harrington to the 3.

3. Johan Petro- If we're going to get a big it's NOT going to be Shaq. I'd like to see Shaq here, but he just wont fit. Petro is young, mobile, and no physical scrub.

Possible Trade Pieces

1. Marvin Williams- Marvin is just not getting it done. Unless he has a miraculous turnaround/coming-of-age he should be out of here.

2. Mike Bibby- Bibby's getting up there in age. He still provides leadership and knowledge of the game.

What I'd Do

Sign Al Harrington and Johan Petro. Both Have size and can run the floor. Marvin can come off the bench. If he doesnt like it then trade him.

New Line-up

1. Teague/Bibby

2. JJ/JC/JC

3. Harrington/Marvin

4. Smoove/Harrington

5. Horford/Petro

We can bring in some fillers from the summer league to fill out the roster. I'd go with James Augustine (another versatile big), and Landon Milbourne. We'd have a deep team built for scoring. All the players have size to match up as well.

Thoughts?

Johan's singed w/ the Nets. I like Barnes a lot. With LeBron and Wade in the same division, we need tough minded perimeter defenders. I loved what Barnes and Pietrus provided for Orlando. They're a bunch of scrappers that dont back down from anyone. I would love to sign Barnes. Harrington? Not so much. He's a streaky scorer but he doesn't have the tough mindedness, heart, and perimeter defense that I think this team needs.