• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Still don't understand the desire for a swing man.

thecampster

Maybe I'm just different, but I saw the hawks having 2 glaring problems last year.

1st, ball handling - turnovers.

2nd getting pushed around down low.

The 1st problem seems to be solved. Adding Jacque Vaughn, Boris Diaw, Travis Hansen and the removal of Glenn Robinson should be enough to help in the turn over department. We won't be solid caretakers of the rock but much improved over last year.

But in the case of the 2nd problem. Reef constantly got hammered down low. We were outrebounded on the defensive end with regularity leading to easy putback buckets, and nobody on this team seemed willing to put an opposing penetrator on his hind parts so instead of all the talk to bring back both DJ and Glover, I suggest this.

Bring back Glover and give him the #2 guard job and make it his to lose. That leaves 1 roster spot open and I have 2 different suggestions to fill it.

1. Sign Shawn Kemp. He is still unsigned unless I missed something. A 34 year old 13 year vet that put up 6.8 points and got 5.7 rebounds last year in only 20 minutes. He's 6'10 and plays both Center/PF

I say move Reef back to small forward and play Kemp at the big spot. This puts 2 shotblockers on the blocks and gives Reef a size advantage when he goes to the post. This puts a dead stop to not taking care of the defensive glass.

option 2 ala Diesel who I can't figure his love of Person. Instead, since Memphis has too many contracts, let's take advantage with

Ratliff for Lorenzen Wright/Shane Battier.

Wright is both a better scorer, rebounder than Ratliff just not quite the shotblocker. Battier is a true swing player with an outside jumper.

Doing this deal instead of signing Kemp (or any other big man for that matter) saves cap money allowing us to renegotiate any necessary contract during the year and gives us 2 tradeable commodities for one.

Atlanta trades: C Theo Ratliff (8.7 ppg, 7.5 rpg, 0.9 apg in 31.1 minutes)

Atlanta receives: C Lorenzen Wright (11.4 ppg, 7.5 rpg, 1.1 apg in 28.3 minutes)

SF Shane Battier (9.7 ppg, 4.4 rpg, 1.4 apg in 30.6 minutes)

Change in team outlook: +12.4 ppg, +4.4 rpg, and +1.6 apg.

Memphis trades: C Lorenzen Wright (11.4 ppg, 7.5 rpg, 1.1 apg in 28.3 minutes)

SF Shane Battier (9.7 ppg, 4.4 rpg, 1.4 apg in 30.6 minutes)

Memphis receives: C Theo Ratliff (8.7 ppg, 7.5 rpg, 0.9 apg in 81 games)

Change in team outlook: -12.4 ppg, -4.4 rpg, and -1.6 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Due to Atlanta and Memphis being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. Atlanta and Memphis had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

---------------------------------------------------------

You have been assigned Trade ID number 1238684

Talk about it on the Trade Board

why go out and sign guys who can really only play pf, the only position where we have a truly established starter in SAR? These guys (Mason, Hill) aren't ready to come off the bench, and, in all honesty, aren't better than Hendu coming off the bench as far as skill set is concerned.

We need a three point shooter off the bench/a 2 guard with some range and decent D abilities...assuming Diaw can handle starting at the three....

Keep Mason out of atlanta at all cost!!! He was the beginning of the end in milwaukee (never saw that coming!), and he'd be of no help here. He is the mother of all black holes on offense.

Also, with a young team like ours, being a quick fast-break team has to be one of our top options, and he does not fit into that at all. He is perhaps the last player I'd want on this team of all the players across the nba. seriously.